cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Froze LexisNexis/SageStream/Innovis, now I can't Lift Credit Freeze Online at any CRA

tag
credit2019
New Contributor

Froze LexisNexis/SageStream/Innovis, now I can't Lift Credit Freeze Online at any CRA

Hey Everyone,

I was recently turned down for credit based at least in part on my SageStream profile.  So I froze it.  For good measure, I then froze my LexisNexis and Innovis while I was dealing with the less common CRAs.  Now, I am blocked from lifting my freeze online at all 3 CRAs.  I assumed it was being caused by LexisNexis, and decided I was going to opt back in.  Unfortunately, now they can't verify my info either and won't let me unfreeze that.  So now I have 4 reports (TU, EX, EQ, and LexisNexis) that are permanently frozen, unless I send stuff in the physical mail and wait weeks for them to do it which is not remotely close to workable.

Does anyone know which one of these freezes would be causing this?  I didn't realize it would cause me such big issues.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Froze LexisNexis/SageStream/Innovis, now I can't Lift Credit Freeze Online at any CRA

Did you not create a myTransunion and myEquifax account when you froze those? You should just be able to log in to those accounts and lift the freezes and Experian's website uses a PIN system to lift the freeze... I don't really understand how you're even running into ID verification to lift freezes?

My default guess would be LexisNexis being the issue since they're generally the source for identity questions but it seems really odd.

Message 2 of 6
credit2019
New Contributor

Re: Froze LexisNexis/SageStream/Innovis, now I can't Lift Credit Freeze Online at any CRA

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you not create a myTransunion and myEquifax account when you froze those? You should just be able to log in to those accounts and lift the freezes and Experian's website uses a PIN system to lift the freeze... I don't really understand how you're even running into ID verification to lift freezes?

My default guess would be LexisNexis being the issue since they're generally the source for identity questions but it seems really odd.

Yes, I have both MyTU and a MyEquifax account and had them long before I froze LexisNexis, that's how I've always placed and removed my freezes.  I logged into both of them tonight, and tried to temporarily lift the freeze, and they both said they were unable to verify my information and gave me a link to a form to send in.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's just ridiculous right there... I'm sorry you're having to deal with that hassle. I actually pulled all my freezes off about a week ago because EQ removed the ability to use a PIN to remove them and I don't trust not having a backup option other than mail. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Odd. My Lexis Nexis is frozen and I do not have any issues freezing and thawing my credit reports. The only issue I have is with prequal sites like Cap1

Message 5 of 6
Namaste7
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Odd. My Lexis Nexis is frozen and I do not have any issues freezing and thawing my credit reports. The only issue I have is with prequal sites like Cap1

My experience is similar to @Anonymous.

~~MMXX~~
2024 Goal$
2023 Goal$
FICOs 760+
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.