Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GC signed but no date

tag
thotgal320
Frequent Contributor

GC signed but no date

So I sent out a bunch of GW's, DV's, PFD's and now I am getting responses. No luck with the GW (SallieMae) that was expected same with aspire. Got a GC back but no date on when it was signed. I went on the ups website and it says this GC is in transit. What do I do know?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GC signed but no date

I don't know how other folks are doing it thotgal, but everything I receive I have a RECEIVED stamper that I use and i include the date I received it.  And I mean EVERYTHING. I got two DV's back undelivered this week - STAMPED RECEIVED by me on X date"

Or even write it in a corner or something. As for usps, hopefully it's just an updating issue.  Otherwise, give them a call and find out whats' going on.

GL!
Message 2 of 9
thotgal320
Frequent Contributor

All of mine always did to this is the first time it has happened to me. Can I go to the post office will they be able to do anything for me?
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

They should be able to.  Just take your register receipt (green and white half with fee info) with you. 
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

www.usps.com - look for track & confirm  then enter the number from the GC it will tell you when it was received.  Print the page for records.
Message 5 of 9
thotgal320
Frequent Contributor

I did that and ups has no record of it YET. I know they had to have gotten it on the 14th because today is the 15th and I mailed them out on the 13th. Not hard to figure out when they got it the problem is it's technically not in writing. Am I right if so do I just wait and see if it gets updated?
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

sometimes it takes a few days to register into the track and confirm section on USPS. One of mine wasnt updated for 4 days after recieving the GC. Just be patient, and keep checking. If the information is not online at track and confirm, they will not be able to help you out at the post office, as their information will show the same thing.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes you can go to the PO & they will print everything out on their letterhead!
Message 8 of 9
katecrime
New Contributor

I got a GC back unsigned and when I went to track it, it had never been updated.  The man at the PO said it "probably" had been delivered but the carrier made 2 mistakes.  They forgot to scan the letter and get a signature.

I was nice about it this time.  I just sent another one just in case.  At over $5 a pop though, the next mistake is on the Post Office
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.