Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP MY CC ACCOUNT CLOSED

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELP MY CC ACCOUNT CLOSED

Hi! I needed some advice

I had a Chase Freedom card and Citi Double Cash. I lost my job a few months ago with no source of income and was denied unemployment. I fell behind on payments which chase and citi were aware about because I constantly called them to let them know my situation.

Today I learned that both my credit cards were closed because of payments falling behind 3 months. I am very upset as those were my only 2 credit cards. Does anyone have any experience with this? In the future when I pay off the cards will chase and citi allow me to reapply?

Thank you for all the advice!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: HELP MY CC ACCOUNT CLOSED

When you fall behind by 3 months it's almost a certainty that the card issuer will close your accounts and that record will stay for quite sometime in their internal records. I don't think you will be able to reapply with those banks for quite sometime .

You stated when you pay in the future,  are you going to be able to pay them off in a timely matter? How much do you owe them? 

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 4
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi! I needed some advice

I had a Chase Freedom card and Citi Double Cash. I lost my job a few months ago with no source of income and was denied unemployment. I fell behind on payments which chase and citi were aware about because I constantly called them to let them know my situation.

Today I learned that both my credit cards were closed because of payments falling behind 3 months. I am very upset as those were my only 2 credit cards. Does anyone have any experience with this? In the future when I pay off the cards will chase and citi allow me to reapply?

Thank you for all the advice!

So sorry about your predicament. When they closed your cards, what was the balance. If they were high, this will affect your scores too because it will not only show missed payments but maxed out CLs at the time of closure. 

Yes, you can always reapply but whether you will be approved will be based on your prior relationship with them (cards paid in full) and your overall credit profile. 

GL2U

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 4
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

A little off topic, but have you tried appealing your unemployment denial? I read somewhere yesterday that they approve like 98% of appealed unemployment cases that were denied initially. 

I'm very sorry this has happened and I wish you all the best. Heart

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.