Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP PLEASE CAP 1

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELP PLEASE CAP 1

So for some odd reason, capital one keeps harding pulling my experian report. I just got a new card last month and I haven't apped for a credit line increase or anything. Are they allowed to do this or should I dispute it or call them and see whats going on? I have 2 additional single pulls not just the normal triple pull.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HELP PLEASE CAP 1

Was it at the time of application?  If so, they pull are three.  Sometimes, the pulls don't show up immediately on your report and that is what you may be seeing...  But if you are seeing additional pulls on your report then call them and they will remove it.  They are very good at doing that. They were fast in removing an inquiry when I called about one myself.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Was it at the time of application?  If so, they pull are three.  Sometimes, the pulls don't show up immediately on your report and that is what you may be seeing...  But if you are seeing additional pulls on your report then call them and they will remove it.  They are very good at doing that. They were fast in removing an inquiry when I called about one myself.

no i received notices the same day i applied when all three happened but now theres 2 additional ones that I didn't authorize. Thanks i'll give em a call

Message 3 of 11
elim
Senior Contributor

Check in CCT on the "protection" tab and see if the alerts are from different CRA's.  You have 5 pulls total from Cap-One or 3?

Message 4 of 11
elim
Senior Contributor

Should only be three about 1 day apart...

c1pulls.jpg

Message 5 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

They have permissible purpose to obtain a consumer report on any current customer for purpose of reviewing the account.

However, when obtaining the report, theiir stated permissible purpose and associated inquiry code should result in their coding as soft.

I would contact the CRA and ask about the inquiry code.

If the additional inquiry was made after they had approved the account, then perhaps the person making the inquiry is not providing the correct code of an internal account review.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@elim wrote:

Check in CCT on the "protection" tab and see if the alerts are from different CRA's.  You have 5 pulls total from Cap-One or 3?

i have 5...CCT shows the three and then theres one additional on ex from the 17th and another on eq for the 16th I have two on eq btw amongst the 5

Message 7 of 11
elim
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@elim wrote:

i have 5...CCT shows the three and then theres one additional on ex from the 17th and another on eq for the 16th I have two on eq btw amongst the 5

That would scare me.  Possible identity theft?  or Drapping?

Keep us posted.  

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@elim wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@elim wrote:

That would scare me.  Possible identity theft?  or Drapping?

Keep us posted.  

yea it's scary! I called over the weekend and got someone with english as a second language and they kept repeating everything I told them. As to how and when I applied and she stated that I'd have to contact the CRA because she only see's the two apps on the same day and that she doesn't have access to inquiries which is total molarky! 

Message 9 of 11
IOBA
Senior Contributor

I had a business credit card with them (in my business's...

I had a business credit card with them (in my business's name).  I noticed that they hard pulled my PERSONAL credit report EVERY single month for two years.  When I called and asked them about it, they said they had the right to do so becuase I had a cc with them.  

My behavior with the card?  If I charged something on it, it was never more than 5% of the total credit limit.  The card was paid off in full each week.  

My business' credit was excellent.  Amex - had two business cards with them - didn't pull my personal credit.  

I cancelled my card with Cap 1.  My personal credit score went up quite a bit after the hard pulls began dropping off.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.