cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone been able to submit a CFPB complaint lately?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone been able to submit a CFPB complaint lately?

I know that there have been some negative changes to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau in the past year.  Today I have tried to submit a complaint about RISE credit doing a hard inquiry of my credit without my authorization, and when I get to the end of the complaint I can not actually submit it.  I have tried multiple browsers.  I'm wondering if it's just a temporary glitch, or if this is a result of the agency being dismantled.  Has anyone here submitted a complaint lately?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
egghead88
Regular Contributor

Re: Has anyone been able to submit a CFPB complaint lately?

I submit a CFPB complaint on Thursday. I didn’t have any issues
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will keep trying.  Thank you!

Message 3 of 10
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I know that there have been some negative changes to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau in the past year.  Today I have tried to submit a complaint about RISE credit doing a hard inquiry of my credit without my authorization, and when I get to the end of the complaint I can not actually submit it.  I have tried multiple browsers.  I'm wondering if it's just a temporary glitch, or if this is a result of the agency being dismantled.  Has anyone here submitted a complaint lately?

I'm staying completely away from the politics, the CFPB is NOT being dismantled, not being "discontinued", not going away, nor is any effort I know of in Congress attempting to dismantle the CFPB. There is an effort to make the CFPB more accountable to oversight but that is a far cry from killing the agency. 

Message 4 of 10
egghead88
Regular Contributor

“I'm staying completely away from the politics,” then you make a political statement. LOL!!
Message 5 of 10
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@egghead88 wrote:
“I'm staying completely away from the politics,” then you make a political statement. LOL!!

There was zero "politics" in my post, I just stated facts.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

They fired all 25 members of the advisory board earlier this month... let's just say get your complaints in while you can. (I still can't.)

Message 7 of 10
egghead88
Regular Contributor

I'm staying completely away from the politics, the CFPB is NOT being dismantled, not being "discontinued", not going away, nor is any effort I know of in Congress attempting to dismantle the CFPB. There is an effort to make the CFPB more accountable to oversight but that is a far cry from killing the agency

Everything I underlined is your opinion based on your politics. It’s not a factual statement. Your opinion is your opinion and I can respect your opinion of the CFPB, even though I disagree with it. 

Message 8 of 10
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

I'm not going to get pulled into your bait, my stated facts are not an opinion and I'm not going to get drawn into a political debate not only because its against the rules on these forums, but because politics have nothing to do with whether filing a CFPB complaint is possible aka the subject of this thread. 

Message 9 of 10
UncleB
Credit Mentor

As the original question has been addressed the thread is now locked and closed to new messages.

--UB

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.