cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone used Equifax.com to order reports with the $1 trial? What a joke...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone used Equifax.com to order reports with the $1 trial? What a joke...

Today MyFico has an alert that my Equifax score rose 15pts.  No explaination, just that it went up 15pts.  I see no immediate recent changes in my scores on CreditKarma, or even Wallethub to see is something just hit the TU report I can roughly translate over. 

So I order the $1 trial from Equifax to see 3 updated reports.  This has to be a joke!  My TransUnion report is missing/misrepresenting 7 revolving accounts.  4 of them listed as closed (they are not), and 3 completely missing with no trace whatsoever on TransUnion.  It seriously put a dent on however Equifax decides to score.

For the record - these accounts all show up on TransUnion on my CreditKarma (updated yesterday) and my Wallethub (updated today) as open/active.

How are they getting the information so wrong?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Re: Has anyone used Equifax.com to order reports with the $1 trial? What a joke...

Perhaps you should try ordering the reports from Annual Credit Report and see what shows there.

You can get them once per year for free.   https://www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action

Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Has anyone used Equifax.com to order reports with the $1 trial? What a joke...

If you ordered from EQ, then how would you expect them to provide an accurate reflection of data in TransUnion's files?

What process is EQ offering that would enable them to access TU data?

Message 3 of 4
iv
Valued Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

If you ordered from EQ, then how would you expect them to provide an accurate reflection of data in TransUnion's files?

What process is EQ offering that would enable them to access TU data? 

All three CRAs offer monitoring/reporting products that include reports and in some cases scores from the other two CRAs.

In those cases, they are acting just as any other 3rd-party CMS does, and the fact that they happen to also be one of the CRAs isn't relevant.

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.