cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has the USAA credit monitoring program from Experien recently been eliminated?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has the USAA credit monitoring program from Experien recently been eliminated?

For a long time, USAA offered a credit monitoring service through Experian at a monthly discount over regular Experian credit monitoring rates. As of recently I can not access my credit monitoring report through USAA. Has the USAA credit monitoring program from Experien recently been eliminated?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
satio
Frequent Contributor

Re: Has the USAA credit monitoring program from Experien recently been eliminated?

This service offering still appears to be in limbo mode in terms of it being actively available.

I had a "Check Score" tile for some time now that gave an error when trying to access the score. Other members here (also USAA members) reported that they were still getting a score.

I have deleted and re-added the tile a few times without any difference in results.

Upon deleting the tile yesterday, there is no longer a tile to add back.

The message before deletion was that Experian would be in contact regarding the service....

Message 2 of 9
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Has the USAA credit monitoring program from Experien recently been eliminated?

USAA has discontinued that service.
Message 3 of 9
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Usaa credit monitoring service

Does anyone have info on logging on to the credit monitoring service from usaa that has been transferred to Experian? Usaa says on Nov 15 the credit monitoring service will be transferred to Experian and there is nothing you have to do and just wait for an email from Experian for new monitoring service. I called the Experian # and it asked for my Soc # hell I am not going to give a robot person my # on phone..Someone if you have any info pls reply. Thank you
Message 4 of 9
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Thank you everyone for the replies on Usaa credit monitoring not offering service any longer.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

A while back I received an email from USAA that all services would be transferred to Experian on 11/15. On 11/15 at 5:59am I received an email from Experian welcoming me and a link to set up my account. Pretty simple.

May want to check your email's junk or spam folder, depending on your settings, if you didn't get the email.

Linked with Experian app and I'm good to go. Don't think it's anything different than someone who is not a USAA member could access.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was paying around $8.69/month through USAA for the Experian credit monitoring service. What is the cost now directly for the most basic (cheapest) credit monitoring/identity theft protection package directly from Experian?

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was paying around $8.69/month through USAA for the Experian credit monitoring service. What is the cost now directly for the most basic (cheapest) credit monitoring/identity theft protection package directly from Experian?

This is what I'm getting with Basic (free) Screenshot_20191127-130208_Experian.jpg

And this is the additional services they're offering:

Screenshot_20191127-125818_Experian.jpg

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Personally I do not like changes USAA has made with free credit scores. You no longer can log into app for USAA credit card accounts and bank accounts and see credit scores free. USAA has said for maybe a year they are trying to bring it back. Instead people are going through USAA like people are doing and paying for Experian credit monitoring.

All my other credit cards except USAA let me see my free credit score through their app. USAA app used to show members credit scores if you had credit card with USAA. This ended aprox year ago, don’t understand USAA reasoning for this but I find it not convenient to log into USAA full website. Then try to see USAA say
“ All Credit Monitoring & ID Protection plans moved to Experian®. Watch out for an email from Experian.” I feel all credit cards should show you your credit score free on their app and website. Maybe USAA is getting kickbacks for Experian memberships USAA members are paying for monthly?

I suggest going right to ”Experian - Free for 30 days, then just $19.99 /month”, credit monitoring monthly over and over every month. https://www.experian.com/ Before 30 days free trial expires set your Experian membership to Basic Free to avoid. “You may cancel your trial membership at any time within 30 days without charge. If you decide not to cancel, your membership will continue and you will be billed for just $19.99 for each month that you continue your membership.” Avoid the prompts on Experian for $24.99. I see this often doing this monthly and it is odd when it pops up.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.