Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help removing State Tax Lien - CFPB complaint

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help removing State Tax Lien - CFPB complaint

To stay reported they  need to report all of ssn or your date of birth. 

Message 21 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have recently accessed that address, but the reply is "not found". Does anyone have a current address?

Message 22 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure which file you’re referring to but the consumer finance page is https://www.consumerfinance.gov

As of July 1st credit bureaus were told to no
Longer report public records (ex. liens) unless they included a full name address and full SSN or DOB. That’s personally identifiable info so it won’t be there.

As an update: my liens never fell off after the July 1st change: however, once I field with CFPB mine and husbands liens were removed! Yay!!
Message 23 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

The following address advises "not found" http://blog.myfico.com/upcoming-data-purge-fico-scores/.

Message 24 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

That link is kind of irrelevant now. If you google “July 1st credit reporting changes” you should be able to find many articles that detail what was in that one. It just discussed the July 1st 2017 changes
Message 25 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a paid tax lien. The original lien filing has been deleted. If I successfully dispute the original tax lien because  of lack of dob, ss# or other deficiency, does the paid tax remain?

Message 26 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure I really understand but it doesn’t matter if the lien is paid or not. If the identifiable information is missing it shouldn’t be reported
Message 27 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a specific rule or regulation requiring all social security digits on tax liens or tax lien releases? If so, can you specific rule or regulation. A recently filed release, after July 1, 2017, only contained the last four digits.
Message 28 of 30
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Is there a specific rule or regulation requiring all social security digits on tax liens or tax lien releases? If so, can you specific rule or regulation. A recently filed release, after July 1, 2017, only contained the last four digits.

There isn't a specific regulation per se. Tthe CRAs are trying to spin the changes as being done out of the goodness of their hearts whereas in reality they negotiated a series of agreements in lieu of being sued by the attorney generals from 31 states. While technically the agreements may only apply to residents of these 31 states the new requirements are being applied to residents of all 50 states.

The industry consortium released a statement outlining the new CPAP requirements here:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rdcms-cdia/files/production/public/PDFs/CDIA.NCAP.July1Changes.6.28.pdf

There was a further agreement that any lien or civil judgement with a date on or after 9/15/17 must list name, address, DOB, AND full SSN to be reported.

Assuming that your lien does not list your DOB, since it only reports the last 4 numbers of your SSN you can dispute with each CRA in writing along with a hard copy of the lien sent CMRRR, that the lien shall be deleted because it does not meet the minimum reporting requirements as defined in the CPAP.

If they refuse to delete, or if their response is to simply update the report as "Verified", you can file a complaint with the CFPB against the CRA for failure to follow the minimum reporting requirements as outlined in the CPAP.

The lien does not need to be released (i.e paid off in full) to be removed from your credit report, only that it fails to meet the requirements to be reported,

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 29 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply.
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.