Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Collection Company

tag
debz
Valued Member

Help with Collection Company

Several years ago, I had a Bank of America account charged off and sold to a collection company.  For several years now, I have been paying them $200 a month.  The balance is $13,000.  I received a call today from the collection company, Century Liquidation and he offered me a settlement.  I told him that I could not accept the offer that I would continue to pay $200 a month.  He asked me what my credit score was and told me that I could probably get a personal loan to pay this account off.  I told him that my score was too low.  He said, well let me take a look.  I told him that he did not have my permission to pull my credit and he said he wasn't that it is already on the system.  He said he was turning my account over the their credit department and they would discuss my current paying plan of $200 a month.  This account has not been showing on my credit report for about a year now.  Can they add this account back onto my credit report and is there a process they must go through?  I am in the process of buying a new home and the builder will probably check my credit one more time before settlement.  Currently my mid score is 636 so I can't afford for this account to now show up on my report.  Any suggestions?  And by the way, he did pull my credit as I checked and it showed up under RAS Group Inc in NY.
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Re: Help with Collection Company

It depends.  How old is the debt,?  when did you default on the account?
Message 2 of 21
debz
Valued Member

I'm gonna take a guess on the timeframe.  The account is probably 12 or 13 years old and it went into default about 5 years ago.
Message 3 of 21
fused
Moderator Emeritus

debz wrote:
I'm gonna take a guess on the timeframe.  The account is probably 12 or 13 years old and it went into default about 5 years ago.

Which state do you live in?  You might be past the SOL.
Message 4 of 21
Boswd
Valued Contributor

State's SOL is a moot point since the OP has been paying on it.    It restarts the state's SOL from last payment.    CRA reporting time is totally different.

Is the Bank of America Charge off still listed on your credit report?
Message 5 of 21
debz
Valued Member

Reside in Maryland.  Neither the Bank of Amercia or collection company is listed on my credit report.  I'm concerned that since they pulled my credit today they will not see it and they will add it.
Message 6 of 21
fused
Moderator Emeritus

debz wrote:
Reside in Maryland.  Neither the Bank of Amercia or collection company is listed on my credit report.  I'm concerned that since they pulled my credit today they will not see it and they will add it.

The SOL in Maryland is six years.  I would happy that it is not reporting.  If they decide to report it then PFD.  This is a lot of money and they very well might agree to it.
Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

im not sure about the SOL in your state but what is the DOFD? I know that I wouldnt continue to pay them any money unless they agree with a PFD
Message 8 of 21
debz
Valued Member

They are asking for $10,000 to settle and I just don't have that kind of money.  What are the chances of them adding this to my report? 
Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

well the CA had PP to pull your credit report unfortunatly,,,what is the DOFD??
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.