Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Inquiries

tag
Stugotsv10
Frequent Contributor

Help with Inquiries

So I went to "lending tree" and their Pre qual.. no inquiry and no impact on the score.. cool

All of a sudden 8 inquiries from all the banks that "pre approved" me show up on my reports, so for someone that had ZERO inquiries I now have 8.. tried to get ahold of lending tree to no avail, email and all NOTHING. so I contact the actual lenders and told them they had ZERO permission to run my credit and I demand it removed.... they could not even SPEAK to me about the inquiry because it was placed through a 3rd party and they could not even tell me who the 3rd party was (which of course I knew was lending tree) so now I called the 3 CB's and they said ONLY the lender can remove them.. well they won't even admit to ME that they did them.. so what can I do??

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

Re: Help with Inquiries

I have nothing to offer in terms of help but wish you good luck. Fighting inquiries is a beast!

Message 2 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wow, that is insane! I hope you can get it taken care of but thanks for sharing. I wont be checking them out anytime soon. Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are in for a long fight. You need to write CMRR to LendingTree and explain to them their website states this is done via “soft pull” and produce any screen shots you can and mail it to them requesting deletion of those inquiries (make sure to list them) due to lack of permissible purpose and that they are currently in breach of contract (you agreed to soft and they did hard).

Send letters to the lenders as well and the credit bureaus disputing those and explain in your letters you did not provide them permission to do a hard inquiry.
Message 4 of 10
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Stugotsv10 wrote:

So I went to "lending tree" and their Pre qual.. no inquiry and no impact on the score.. cool

All of a sudden 8 inquiries from all the banks that "pre approved" me show up on my reports, so for someone that had ZERO inquiries I now have 8.. tried to get ahold of lending tree to no avail, email and all NOTHING. so I contact the actual lenders and told them they had ZERO permission to run my credit and I demand it removed.... they could not even SPEAK to me about the inquiry because it was placed through a 3rd party and they could not even tell me who the 3rd party was (which of course I knew was lending tree) so now I called the 3 CB's and they said ONLY the lender can remove them.. well they won't even admit to ME that they did them.. so what can I do??

Oh OP, this is awful. Do you happen to have a snapshot of the preapproval that states NO inquiries?

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 5 of 10
Stugotsv10
Frequent Contributor

Sadly since then (This was back in May) they have changed the site up and i cant find it anywhere 

Message 6 of 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Stugotsv10 wrote:

@Stugotsv10  ..Where are you getting these Inquires?  What Source? Credit Karma? EX,EQ,TU?

are you 100% sure they are NOT soft pulls? .. And you are sure they are in fact Hard Credit Pulls?

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lending tree cant undo the pulls, thats up to the card issuers themselves that did the pulling. Lending tree will most likely say its stated in the EULA/TC or whatever they posted before you accepted. Good luck with everything tho.

Message 8 of 10
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Stugotsv10 wrote:

Sadly since then (This was back in May) they have changed the site up and i cant find it anywhere 

May!?  Why did you wait 4 months to confront this? Inquiries are posted almost immediately. It’s probably too late to address it now, but that’s JMO. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

So you did the pre-qual in May, but all of the inquiries "all of a sudden" showed up recently?

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.