Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with my credit situation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help with my credit situation

I guess my thought process of using my cards and showing that I can pay off my debt isn't the right solution then. I don't even need to use the cards. I am just tryng to rebuild my credit. How do you find out when high credit card balences are transmitted to the credit bureaus?
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help with my credit situation

Ideally, you want between 1 and 9 percent util on your CCs. Thing is, your next months minimum is going to probably put down to 0 percent util. So, to maintain this, you need to use the cards at least a little each month, and then mostly PIF when the bill comes. Your FICO scores should climb if you that small balance ride.

AMEX tends to be very generous with CLIs. It sounds like you're doing a good job managing your CCs. You're using them and you PIF each month. Getting more available credit will help your score, although initially most new accounts and inquiries create a small ding.

Getting rid of negatives and building up positives is the key to raising your score.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.