Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hertz Rental company

tag
logan_720
Established Contributor

Hertz Rental company

So I was online booking a reservation for the end of the week, and I was just looking at some of their policy. I guess at some locations they accepts debit cards a form of payment, yet at certain locations, "a debit card to rent a vehicle is subject to a review of your credit history." So apaprently, if you want to basically pay cash, they will run a credit report....I gues this doesn't make sense to me. Not that I will be paying debit for it since I get 2X points on my Amex, but still. Just another stupid policy.Smiley Frustrated

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Hertz Rental company

@logan_720 wrote:

So I was online booking a reservation for the end of the week, and I was just looking at some of their policy. I guess at some locations they accepts debit cards a form of payment, yet at certain locations, "a debit card to rent a vehicle is subject to a review of your credit history." So apaprently, if you want to basically pay cash, they will run a credit report....I gues this doesn't make sense to me. Not that I will be paying debit for it since I get 2X points on my Amex, but still. Just another stupid policy.Smiley Frustrated

Every rental company will pull your credit report if you pre~authorize a car rental with a DEBIT card ( not a credit card ).     The reasoning behind this is that the funds in your bank account may not actually be there when Hertz wants to finalize the transaction after the rental is complete.

If you want to pay with a debit card, just pre~authorize the rental with a credit card, then when you return the car give them your debit card and tell them to charge it.   No credit check this way.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.