cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How accurate is Score Watch ?? 726 v. 657 **bleep**.

tag
GregB
Valued Contributor

Re: How accurate is Score Watch ?? 726 v. 657 **bleep**.

@badgerviper wrote:

<< DUMMY. Yeah, I didn't realize....I only pull directly from each CRA now. Next card I apply for I'm going to order directly from each CRA so I can get a more accurate picture of what's going on. I didn't think the scores could be THAT off. 50-75+ is excessive IMO.

WHAT ?????, do some more research. Your solution to a score that may be only perfectly accurate on a mortgage application is to order scores NOT USED BY ANY LENDER OF ANY KIND?

ALL of the scores provided from the CRAs are FAKOs and are normally WAY off. Only exception is you can dig on EQ's site and get the same EQ FICO sold here.

Message 11 of 16
badgerviper

I said credit card not mortgage. I'd use FICO for mortgages specifically. The last 2 credit cards I got had scores within 5 points when I ordered directly from the CRA and not one of  those "get all 3 scores!" deals....I don't expect the scores to be EXACTLY the same. I do know there is a disclaimer on the websites saying they are using a proprietary model to simulate a score -- I just didn't think it would be 50+ points off.

Message 12 of 16
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Try over 80...    Yes.. have had that on my Experian, bought from Experian then had my credit pulled.  So yes, it can be more than 50.   I had even contacted EX on it and they said that their score was for education of my credit and not used by lenders.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 13 of 16
HiLine
Blogger

My highest credit score difference so far is approx. 70. I think we should use any type of credit score as a benchmark for our credit rating rather than as a guess on whether we'd be approved for a certain credit card. Your credit score (even a FICO score) is likely to be very different from what the credit card issuer will use.

Message 14 of 16
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@badgerviper wrote:

I said credit card not mortgage. I'd use FICO for mortgages specifically. The last 2 credit cards I got had scores within 5 points when I ordered directly from the CRA and not one of  those "get all 3 scores!" deals....I don't expect the scores to be EXACTLY the same. I do know there is a disclaimer on the websites saying they are using a proprietary model to simulate a score -- I just didn't think it would be 50+ points off.

You can't assume that the next time you pull your FAKO, it will be within 5 points of whatever specific FICO version a lender is using.  And neither FICO nor FAKO is going to track with an internal scoring algorithm.  It just happened to be close based on the information that is on your report currently.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 16
badgerviper

That kinda sucks. Why bother purchasing a score or signing up for anything that provides one since it can be way off. Seems pointless.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.