cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are payments reported late to credit bureau? Minimum Amount Due vs. Past Due.

tag
clbx162

How are payments reported late to credit bureau? Minimum Amount Due vs. Past Due.

On Septemeber 16th I had a minumum amount due of $155.00. Unfortunately, I had missed that payment and my new statement came in, my NEW minimum amount due for October 16th was $330.00 (which included a late fee and my missed payment). However, on October 5th I paid the original minimum amount due of $155.00, which is well under the 30 day past due limit before it gets reported. 

My question is this, it is now October 17th, and I have not paid the remainder of the minumum due for Oct 16th. Am I going to be reported as 30 days late, although I cleared my PAST due balance of $155, but didnt pay the complete NEW minumum amount due ($330) by October 16th?

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How are payments reported late to credit bureau? Minimum Amount Due vs. Past Due.

You shouldn't be. You paid the previous month's payment... Even though it was late it wasn't 30 days and thus it can't be reported as such. That makes the next payment what matters, meaning you have another 30 days (past the due date) to pay that before the second payment would result in a 30 day late reporting.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.