cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are you using your stimulus check?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How are you using your stimulus check?

I"m going to PIF 3 CC accounts so this may haul up my FICO score a few more points reduce # of balances on 7 CC to Just 4 CC with balances.
Message 11 of 28
williasn
Established Member

get my Macy's card utilization down
Message 12 of 28
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

To pay for my vacation so that I don't put anything on my cc's. My cc's should be PIF next month, so there are going to be sock drawered and alternated for buying gum. I haven't been on vacation in almost 6 years and I'm so ready for this one.
Message 13 of 28
grneydangl
Frequent Contributor

$200 towards my CareCredit bill and then the rest to make higher payments on my cc's to pay them down... with that and my next 2 paychecks I should have around $2858, and my bills will be $2697... doesn't leave me with much at all to spend on, you know, stuff like food

Message 14 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are road trippin it down to New Orleans from Charleston, SC.  We already had the trip planned, but now we'll use the stimulus money.  Vacation, here I come.  We'll also donate some money to Harrah's while we're in NO. Smiley Wink

Message Edited by teamllovern on 04-26-2008 10:07 PM
Message 15 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honestly?  Not really in a bind right now and pretty much have everything I need, so, just gonna bank it.  It's really not much to spend other than...gas.  LOL

Message 16 of 28
MattH
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Honestly? Not really in a bind right now and pretty much have everything I need, so, just gonna bank it. It's really not much to spend other than...gas. LOL

We'll probably use it the same way we use most windfalls that come our way: a principal payment on the mortgage. We've got the principal down to a little over half the price at which a neighbor's place very similar to ours recently was sold, so we're within striking distance of getting under 50% LTV...
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 17 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got Applied Card to agree to a PFD, so I'm using my stimulus check to get the baddest of my baddies removed from my reports.
Message 18 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no debt so this is going into my online account.
Message 19 of 28
sonogirl
Regular Contributor

I have not decided yet. Honestly,  I didn't think I was getting anything until last week when I checked my w2 and I noticed that I  made 74,900 lucky me I just missed the cut off Smiley Very Happy maybe I'll try to save it since I didn't know I was getting it anyway We shall see...Smiley Wink
09/11 TU 599 EQ 601
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.