cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can DH fix error in BK reporting on EQ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can DH fix error in BK reporting on EQ?

We filed BK 7 in June 2011, later converted to BK13 and were discharged in Mar 2017. EQ reports as BK7 on DH’s report. He has filed multiple disputes & made multiple calls while providing the BK13 discharge order paperwork every time. EQ refuses to correct it, they say they are getting info from the court. He’s called the court and they say they are reporting a 13 to the credit bureaus.

How can we force them to fix this error? If they don’t he’s stuck with an incorrect public record for 3 more years when it should be completely off his report by now.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How can DH fix error in BK reporting on EQ?

In writing is the best method for this. It forces a human to get involved in the US (no offence meant).
There is a disconnect somewhere, paper trail would be my next route.
Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The legal process is that you must first file a formal dispute with the CRA under the dispute provision of FCRA 611, which compels the CRA to conduct a formal reinvestigation of the disputed information within 30 days, and send a formal notice of results of that reinvestigation within 5 business days after completing their reinvestigation.

If the CRA then formally verifies the accuracy, you can file a civil action and get the matter reviewed by your factual showing to the courts.

Message 3 of 6
JVille
Valued Contributor

Hang up the phone the dispute MUST BE IN WRITING. Period!
Message 4 of 6
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

They are reporting correctly if you started out filing a 7. The fact that you converted to a 13 only means they can report that as well. This happens often in the reverse. People file a 13 and later convert to a 7. Both filings remain on your reports. Sucks I know.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

He did file a dispute with the FCRA, they simply confirmed a 7 and closed it. I don’t believe the 7 staying on the report is accurate. I was able to clear mine via phone call, DH hist hasn’t had luck. He has mailed a letter...with no reply. He is going to send another but certified this time.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.