Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can one loan get settled twice?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can one loan get settled twice?

I have a credit card account that says it was charged off. I then made a settlement with them to show that it was paid in full. Two years afterwards it stated that it was charged off again? How is this possible? I disputed this to the credit bureaus stating that it was already charged off, but they did not do anything. This was about a year ago. Is there anything else I can do? Eric
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How can one loan get settled twice?

eric92106 wrote:
I have a credit card account that says it was charged off. I then made a settlement with them to show that it was paid in full. Two years afterwards it stated that it was charged off again? How is this possible? I disputed this to the credit bureaus stating that it was already charged off, but they did not do anything. This was about a year ago. Is there anything else I can do? Eric

Settlement does not negate thefact that it was charged off.  Does it say 'settlement accepted on this account' in the notes?  If not I would dispute it with the CBs stating that the account has been paid and settled 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.