Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i know....

tag
Percy
Regular Contributor

How do i know....

Hey Yall, 

It's been a while since i have checked the forums. I have a question. How do i know when my baddies start falling off? i know its like 7 1/2 years. But i should have a few things falling off this year, i just dont know how to tell, and what i have to look for. If someone would guide me towards the right direction it would be great!!

Thanks in advance!!!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: How do i know....

@Abester000 wrote:

Hey Yall, 

It's been a while since i have checked the forums. I have a question. How do i know when my baddies start falling off? i know its like 7 1/2 years. But i should have a few things falling off this year, i just dont know how to tell, and what i have to look for. If someone would guide me towards the right direction it would be great!!

Thanks in advance!!!

Late Payments should drop no later than 7 years from the date they occured.   COs and Collections should drop at 7.5 years from the DOFD.   

If you look on your Equifax report it will show the DOFD.   TU and Experian reports show an estimated date of removal instead of DOFD.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 7
Percy
Regular Contributor

Those are the 2 I am talking about. I also have a collections being listed on my TU report thats not showing on my EQ or EXP. I dont see anything that would hint that its falling off. 

Message 3 of 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

The Macy's account should reflect as a positive account no later than the end of this year ~ all of the lates occurred in 2005, so they will be gone at the 7 year mark.

The BofA collection should also be dropping soon, since the DOFD wouldn't be any later than Sept 2005.   It shouldn't be showing any later than 6 months after Sept of this year.   It may drop sooner as the DOFD is likely several months prior to the date assigned.   

The Cap1 account has lates from 2006 so it won't change into positive unitl next year once the lates are dropped.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Reports from third party sites (including myFICO) often don't have the most complete information. If you pull your free reports from annualcreditreport.com the dates you need should be there. At least in my experience.

Message 5 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

FCRA 609(a)(1) provides the consumer with the right to require the consumer reporting agency to "clearly and accurately disclose to the consumer all information in the consumer's file at the time of the request..."

You can always file a section 609(a)(1) request with the CRA, and get the actual DOFD reported to your credit file.

Such requests require proof of consumer identity and payment to the CRA of a fee, currently set in the amount of $11.00.

Message 6 of 7
Percy
Regular Contributor

Thank you all for your help!!! I pulled all 3 from annual credit report and got the idea.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.