cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do multiple credit cards from same bank report on CR?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do multiple credit cards from same bank report on CR?

For example, with student loans each credit bureau is different but most report unsubsidized and subsidized as two separate accounts even from the same servicer. Is this the same with credit cards from the same bank (i.e. Capital One)? 

I'm not trying to open another Capital One card at the moment, but I would like to product change my Platinum card in six months in order to keep the history as my second oldest credit card. My understanding is that this will not affect my credit score.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ChessChik47
Frequent Contributor

Re: How do multiple credit cards from same bank report on CR?

@Anonymous wrote:

For example, with student loans each credit bureau is different but most report unsubsidized and subsidized as two separate accounts even from the same servicer. Is this the same with credit cards from the same bank (i.e. Capital One)? 

I'm not trying to open another Capital One card at the moment, but I would like to product change my Platinum card in six months in order to keep the history as my second oldest credit card. My understanding is that this will not affect my credit score.

Each card will appear seperately on your credit report.

Message 2 of 3
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: How do multiple credit cards from same bank report on CR?

And nothing will change at all of you product-change your Capital One card.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.