cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many hard pulls can be removed from report in 1 week .

tag
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

Re: How many hard pulls can be removed from report in 1 week .

@Anonymous wrote:

Any guess on the time period though.

Legit inquiries remain on your report for 2 years on Transunion and Equifax. On Experian they stay for 2 years and 1 month.

Message 11 of 13
RSX
Valued Contributor

And you will need to stop applying for anything if you want the number to actually drop.  40 is a lot of Inquiries.....

I see some of them are the same vendor/provider 5 days apart

I would think 6 months of no new apps would be a good start

Dec 16/2019. EX. 721. EQ. 723. TU 746
Jan 25/2024 EX. 774 EQ. 751 TU 758
Inq. EX 2 EQ 3 TU 6 - - CC 2x24, 0x12
Amex BCP $35k - Apple GS $21k - BMW/Elan $19k - Cap1 QS $16.7k - Chase Amazon $13.6k - Chase Bonvoy Bountiful $10k - Chase United Club Infinite $26k - Citi CustomCash $3k - Citi DC $14.5k - CreditUnion1 $9k - DiscoverIT $31.5k - PayBoo - $15.6k - Penfed Gold - $19.3k - USB AltitudeGO -$19k- USBank Cash+ -$25k - PenFed LOC - $20k - USB LOC - $15k
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RSX wrote:

And you will need to stop applying for anything if you want the number to actually drop.  40 is a lot of Inquiries.....

I see some of them are the same vendor/provider 5 days apart

I would think 6 months of no new apps would be a good start

The OP is obviously looking for mortgage. All those inquires are associated with mortgage companies and third party mortgage shopping. The "damage" to their score is minimal. Although I would advise to OP to stop rate shopping until they are 100% ready to buy. Rate shopping when you are not ready is pointless. 

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.