Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much Inqs cost for Fico

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

How much Inqs cost for Fico

I am kind of confused about the inqs. My scores are TU 691 / EQ 651 / EX 662.
I have 3 Inq on TU / 3 Inq on EQ ./ 34 Inq on EX. How much the 34 inq's costing me on EX?
If these inqs were not on my report what would have been my score?
I understand 15% for the inq on fico. Does that mean 15% of 850 allocated to Inq's?
How does these numbers work?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How much Inqs cost for Fico

After a certain # of INQ's they quit deducting points.

10% is INQ's and NEW credit in the last 12 months.

The number of points for INQ's 2-XX is a number none of us know. My last EQ inq cost me 3 points-
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

http://www.myfico.com/CreditEducation/WhatsInYourScore.aspx

New Credit

* Number of recently opened accounts, and proportion of accounts that are recently opened, by type of account
* Number of recent credit inquiries
* Time since recent account opening(s), by type of account
* Time since credit inquiry(s)
* Re-establishment of positive credit history following past payment problems
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems that there are tiers on this answer too.  At one point I got hit with nothing for inq, after a certain point I got hit with 6 or more points, then nothing again.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been curious with this too however it seems some can app soo many things and not be penalized and then others can app 1 or 2 things and take a big hit--I guess it depends on it you are stable in your credit and if you are rebuilding--most than likely a person rebuilding will have more inquires--I have alot of inquires but alot of them are related to an auto purchase and/or mortgage
Message 5 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Picture a graph. The line starts at 0 and snakes through like a camel's hump to the 0 line or X axis on the flip-side. This represents the impact of inquiries on scores. At some point there is a peak with a max impact andsoftens after that. As Timothy says, there is no impact after a while. If I had to guess, a negative impact really kicks in at 7-9 inquiries.
Message 6 of 10
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

AWLEGZ wrote:
I have been curious with this too however it seems some can app soo many things and not be penalized and then others can app 1 or 2 things and take a big hit--I guess it depends on it you are stable in your credit and if you are rebuilding--most than likely a person rebuilding will have more inquires--I have alot of inquires but alot of them are related to an auto purchase and/or mortgage

I think it also depends on your score at the start, and the number of new cards over the last 12 months
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 7 of 10
stpn2me
Frequent Contributor

I just recently app'd a couple of times...both have shown up and my score only dropped about 5 points for EX, but actually went UP on TU....crazy...

Stpn2me.
TU - 673 EQ - 672 EX - 669 as of 13 Nov 2015
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah this is the kinda action I am seeing one way fall b/c of inquiry and others may increase and then the following month if account has posted then scores recover
Message 9 of 10
cfletch123
Established Member

I am also trying to join the 700+ club with all three CRA's. Good luck to you!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.