Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to convince someone of adding me as an AU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to convince someone of adding me as an AU

Hi all. Long time no post. Is there a way or a group of people that helps each other out on here in the background?

I have asked ppl I know about adding me to an older CC as an AU and they all get jittery and feel like I'm asking about some pyramid thing.

Is there any helpful people on here that can point me in the right direction? There are some weird sites that seems to offer this service if you sell off one of your children.... I'm staying clear of them.

Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
rbentley
Established Contributor

Re: How to convince someone of adding me as an AU

It is somewhat telling that your family and close friends aren't willing to do this for you. Those are the people that know you the best.  You should be super wary of "helpful strangers" on the internet who promise to add you as a AU once you give them all your vital information so you can be added (and then they steal your identity).  If your family won't do this for you, you should give up on the idea.  No good will come from approaching strangers about this.

Message 2 of 12
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Any discussion about buying/selling AU tradelines is strictly prohibited by TOS  

I'm going to leave this thread open, hopefully you'll get some decent advice that doesnt involve shady and dangerous practices. 

Another quick reminder, same rules apply to PMs. 

Thank you 

Message 3 of 12
Trudy
Valued Contributor

There are plenty of people who build their credit to good scores within a year when starting from scratch.  Time and good credit habits will get you there.

Good luck.

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 4 of 12
thornback
Senior Contributor

Assuming your signature is accurate, I don't see why an AU is even necessary.  What, exactly, are you trying to accomplish by adding one? 

Honestly, if you are unable to find family / friends willing to add you, then you should give up on the idea.  Neither buying a tradeline nor "convincing" (seems more like badgering) someone to add you is the right way to go about it. 

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 5 of 12
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

I can understand the reluctance of "sponsoring" an AU. Even family members have burned each other with credit. Do not underestimate the power of money. The only AU in my account is my wife (no credit, yet), and still, I am watching it closely making sure I can pay off every charge made to it. Adding an AU is introducing entropy to the one's credit system.

Message 6 of 12
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

All 3 790's?

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 7 of 12
NimbusIII
Frequent Contributor

I find water boarding an effective method.

“The man who says he can, and the man who says he can not… Are both correct.”
Message 8 of 12
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@NimbusIII wrote:

I find water boarding an effective method.

Whoa. For a sec I thought we were in the dating thread

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mikesonthemend wrote:

All 3 790's?

I noticed that too and was going to comment but @thornback beat me to it. If all three are 790s OP should be enjoying the rewards that come with such a high score rather than worrying about piggybacking.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.