Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use a rewards card while rebuilding

tag
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Re: How to use a rewards card while rebuilding

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 11 of 12
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Re: How to use a rewards card while rebuilding

@hippychic823 wrote:
I'm currently rebuilding and have a QS1 with a tiny little 300 CL. I have had it for about 2 months and been using it kind of like a debit card, charging it up to around 250 and then PIF. However, since the limit is so low I have to do this a few times a month because with my family of 5 one trip to the grocery store maxes it out lol. However, I was thinking maybe I shouldn't be using it like this while I'm still rebuilding because I'm maxing it out and PIF at least twice a month and I worry that it looks weird to the issuer. Any advice/tips? I want to use the card as my everyday card to get the cash back and to bring my score up but I worry that I'm not doing it right.

I make payments weekly on my cards including Cap One.

The more you use it and pay it off, the more chance they will realize you need a larger limit.

It won't look weird to Cap One.  They understand credit rebuilding better than anyone.

I went from a $3,000 to $50,000 in avail credit from Cap One in 3 years.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.