Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hate Experian

tag
bcdudley
Regular Contributor

I hate Experian

Just ranting some.

1st, When I try to view my credit report from them, it only shows me half of the report and stops in the middle of one of the items. It does this no matter how I pull it up and none of the links will work properly. It stops at the same place every time. Their tech support is worhtless and will only tell me to buy another report.

2nd, I went to one of my accounts and clicked the button to add a statement. The only statements you can add are statements they decide. I clicked cancel and went back to the main page. Now, that account says it is disputed by me. WTF.

Experians web site plus the fact you can no longer get your fico score from them make Experian by far the worst of the three cra's there are.

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: EQ740, EX695
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
leah5570
Frequent Contributor

Re: I hate Experian

Yep. For some reason, with all the work I've done on my EQ and TU, all my real bad ones have congregated on my EX report. It's so hard to go through the process on their site, and I want so badly to do what I've done with the others; lay everything out and cross off the wrong things. Pain the ___. I have resorted to leaving it alone for now. Definately hear you on the aggravation of it all. I have tried disputes, nothing works. I've better luck with TU, and they are my lowest score.

EQ. Starting Score 08/19/12: 545
EQ. Current Score 09/02/13: 611
Goal Score: 700

The effects of waking a sleeping giant...
Message 2 of 6
smallfry
Senior Contributor

I would most definitely avoid leaving any consumer statements on any credit report. A rather large AVOID. Do NOT do it. Why are you paying for reports anyway?

Message 3 of 6
laz98
Senior Contributor

sorry to hear about your troubles!  experian was by far the easiest to work with for me.

Message 4 of 6
bcdudley
Regular Contributor

I wasn't really trying to leave one, just snooping around really. I hit the cancel button, but it put it on there anyway. I also did not pay for it. I got a report several months ago when I was denied credit from a motorcycle loan and got it that way. I started filing disputes and rechecking it once every couple of weeks and everytime I do that, they give me a new report at no charge.

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: EQ740, EX695
Goal Score: 850

Message 5 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Communicate in writing.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.