Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a question for you all.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a question for you all.

My auto loan percentage is already low at 2.49%. If I would transfer it to another CU at 1.49% would that help,hurt, or not effect my score? I dont need to do it as it wont save many $$ but I thought maybe I would if it would help me out. All it would be doing is showing on another account (DCU) but will be marked as paid on PSECU. Your thoughts?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I have a question for you all.

@Anonymous wrote:

My auto loan percentage is already low at 2.49%. If I would transfer it to another CU at 1.49% would that help,hurt, or not effect my score? I dont need to do it as it wont save many $$ but I thought maybe I would if it would help me out. All it would be doing is showing on another account (DCU) but will be marked as paid on PSECU. Your thoughts?

How long has the current loan been open?

Message 2 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

A new inquiry to get the loan.

A new account with zero age, affecting your AAoA

A FICO loser.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

15 months

Message 4 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

15 months

I agree with Robert EG on this and I would just leave well enough alone.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

And that was my thoughs but I figured I would throw it out there.

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

15 months

I agree with Robert EG on this and I would just leave well enough alone.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

What CU is giving your 1.5%?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.