cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I know what the issue of having such a long file is now!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I know what the issue of having such a long file is now!

SECURITY QUESTIONS!

They are almost impossible to answer correctly.

"Please select the term of the auto loan on your credit report?"

WHAT ONE STUPID COMPUTER?!

and public record constantly pulls up the houses I owned and those mortgages were during the gold rush of mortgages so they transferred at least 3 times each and each house had 2 mortgages (they are all gone but 1 on my credit report but I constantly get asked about the county, the payment, the bank... and I never lived in them so I almost never know what bank had them!

sigh, just venting my now pending application!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
PandiferBear
Frequent Contributor

Re: I know what the issue of having such a long file is now!

Oooooohhhh...sorry to be off topic, but I see you have been upgraded to Epic Contributor.  That is pretty wicked.  Smiley Happy  BUT -- BACK ON TOPIC -- I feel like that constantly about my student loans....."how much was the payment on such and such a loan in such and such a year."  Seriously, I have no idea.....

EX 793 (06/29/16) TU 787 (07/03/16) EQ 711 (06/30/16) Goal: 780 across the board
Amex Everyday: $25,000 | Venture: $15,000 | Chase Hyatt: $12,000 | Discover IT: $11,700 | Barclay Ring $7,500 | Quicksilver: $7,750 | CareCredit: $5,000 | Amazon Synch: $5,000
Message 2 of 13
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Damn, dude, apping is like breathing to you, hehehe.

Just out of curiosity, what's your AAoA?

Message 3 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@PandiferBear wrote:

Oooooohhhh...sorry to be off topic, but I see you have been upgraded to Epic Contributor.  That is pretty wicked.  Smiley Happy  BUT -- BACK ON TOPIC -- I feel like that constantly about my student loans....."how much was the payment on such and such a loan in such and such a year."  Seriously, I have no idea.....

haha Thanks! Smiley Happy

Oh student loans are a perfect example for many poeple... luckily even though I have like 8 listed it's just 2 that were moved many times and both had gov. minimum payments because they were so small so no matter how the question is asked it's always whatever includes $50! but for most that is not the case!

Message 4 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@thelethargicage wrote:

Damn, dude, apping is like breathing to you, hehehe.

Just out of curiosity, what's your AAoA?

Experian I believe is around 5.5, it may have dipped to 4.9 or something but it's still pretty good I think...

I feel like I saw one of the fako companies putting me at 3.5 but I can't remember for who or if it was accurate.

Message 5 of 13
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Similarly, I hate when being asked to verify banking accounts: "What was the amount of your last deposit?"   And while banks obviously focus on such things,I really don't remember the amounts of a random deposit made to one of my bank accounts.

Message 6 of 13
PandiferBear
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@PandiferBear wrote:

haha Thanks! Smiley Happy

Oh student loans are a perfect example for many poeple... luckily even though I have like 8 listed it's just 2 that were moved many times and both had gov. minimum payments because they were so small so no matter how the question is asked it's always whatever includes $50! but for most that is not the case!

Right!?!?!  I had a few different SLs at the same time -- with different payment amounts -- so anytime it asks, it could usually be one of three out of the four choices.  I just guess, and it usually works.  I think they are as confused as I am.  Smiley Very Happy

EX 793 (06/29/16) TU 787 (07/03/16) EQ 711 (06/30/16) Goal: 780 across the board
Amex Everyday: $25,000 | Venture: $15,000 | Chase Hyatt: $12,000 | Discover IT: $11,700 | Barclay Ring $7,500 | Quicksilver: $7,750 | CareCredit: $5,000 | Amazon Synch: $5,000
Message 7 of 13
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

I always sit down at the computer and pull up EQ Complete Advantage before calling in.  Then if there's something I can't remember I just look it up.

Message 8 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@wacdenney wrote:

I always sit down at the computer and pull up EQ Complete Advantage before calling in.  Then if there's something I can't remember I just look it up.

I don't get the things wrong because I don't know them (98% of the time) I get them wrong because the answer could be any number of options and they don't specify "which account" or if they are asking me off public record that is not on my credit file (like the houses) I sometimes struggle with those, but luckily I usually know county which is most common question.

but I do agree I usually pull up a credit report to work with but some of the questions are just to off!

Message 9 of 13
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

I have a state electrical contractor's license and they always ask me about that.  "Which of the following professional licenses have you held?"  I have no idea where they get that information, but it's an easy question so whatever.  They also ask about my truck which is the only car I've ever financed so it's easy also.  The third one I always get is what address have I been associated with. 

It seems like I get these same three EVERY time.  Fine by me, they are easy peasy!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.