Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improving Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Improving Score

I have read numerous books and have a general understanding of credit. I am struggling with the correct path to take to get my score to improve in the fastest manner however. I presently have a lot of collections and am in a position to soon pay the majority of these off with my new job in two weeks. The questions and uncertainties that I have are what is the best approach to take to get these collections off my record and what do I pay off first. I have to car loans, numerous credit cards, and a few late payments all of which are being paid on time now. I'm not sure if the best approach is to pay one thing off at a time and then work on the next bill and so forth or a little on each card extra each month. Also, do I have to write a letter of deletion to each creditor prior to paying off a collection to ensure it gets taken off my record?? Any thoughts is appreciated.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Improving Score

bsebal7 wrote:
I have read numerous books and have a general understanding of credit. I am struggling with the correct path to take to get my score to improve in the fastest manner however. I presently have a lot of collections and am in a position to soon pay the majority of these off with my new job in two weeks. The questions and uncertainties that I have are what is the best approach to take to get these collections off my record and what do I pay off first. I have to car loans, numerous credit cards, and a few late payments all of which are being paid on time now. I'm not sure if the best approach is to pay one thing off at a time and then work on the next bill and so forth or a little on each card extra each month. Also, do I have to write a letter of deletion to each creditor prior to paying off a collection to ensure it gets taken off my record?? Any thoughts is appreciated.

My suggestion is to first check DOFD, DOLA, and SOL for your collections.

Having low util helps increase your score.

You can DV/PFD collections. But check your SOL first, and go over your CR with a fine tooth comb to look for inaccuracies.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.