Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquires not removed? Do they hurt me?

tag
firemartinez1980
Regular Contributor

Inquires not removed? Do they hurt me?

I applied for an auto loan in 2018 and I have 6 inquires showing on my credit report. It states they were to be removed on 5-2-2020, but they are still on there.

How long before they fall off and do inquires hurt you score alot?? Will scores improve once they come off?

I also have 3 inquires that show they will come off my credit in July of 2020. Should I call and try to have these removed early?

I am about to apply for a VA Loan and anything that can help I want to do

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

Re: Inquires not removed? Do they hurt me?

@firemartinez1980 wrote:

I applied for an auto loan in 2018 and I have 6 inquires showing on my credit report. It states they were to be removed on 5-2-2020, but they are still on there.

How long before they fall off and do inquires hurt you score alot?? Will scores improve once they come off?

I also have 3 inquires that show they will come off my credit in July of 2020. Should I call and try to have these removed early?

The inquiries are not affecting your FICO 8 scores as they are over 1 year old, on manual review of your credit report a lender might or might not take notice of them.  For the ones that should have dropped off you should be able to dispute them as too old and have them removed. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 2 of 8
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Experian automatically deletes the 2 year old inquiries the first Saturday of the following month.

I'm not sure how TransUnion or Equifax does it.

Message 3 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@MakingProgress wrote:

@firemartinez1980 wrote:

The inquiries are not affecting your FICO 8 scores as they are over 1 year old, on manual review of your credit report a lender might or might not take notice of them.  For the ones that should have dropped off you should be able to dispute them as too old and have them removed. 

Actually inquiries over a year old don't affect any FICO score to date.

They are there for historical reference and sometimes lenders will consider them, but the mainline FICO algorithms do not.  Some of their secondary scores nobody knows but they aren't as common in the field.

        
Message 4 of 8
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

Experian automatically deletes the 2 year old inquiries the first Saturday of the following month.

I'm not sure how EQ does anything?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AllZero wrote:

My findings with Experian has been 45 days plus after the actual date of two years. Watched it like a hawk! Somewhere in this Forum someone mentioned they are not always taking the reports off on the day.

Message 6 of 8
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

My findings with Experian has been 45 days plus after the actual date of two years. Watched it like a hawk! Somewhere in this Forum someone mentioned they are not always taking the reports off on the day.

Transunion and Equifax generally fall off when the Inquiry is 2 years old. (24 months to the day)

Experian inquiries generally fall off the first Saturday of the month after the inquiry is 25 months old.

Message 7 of 8
Andypanda
Established Contributor

You can call ex, explain the sit, and they sill remove the hps within a day or 2. I have done it myself. Eq will remove it on the day it ages 2 years. Checked that today since i had a hp that was pulled on eq from may 12th 2018, and it was gone today. Don't know about tu.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.