Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiries

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inquiries

Does anybody know anything about having credit inquiries removed from credit report? I had lexington law and they helped me a lot. But i had to cancel because i cant afford it while im in school. Is this something i can do myself with success?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: Inquiries

Disputing inquiries are typically a no go.  What are your basis for dispting the inquiries.  They stay on your file for two years and after year one they not considered in scoring any longer.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 2 of 15
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Contact the party who made the inquiry and request recoding as soft.

Soft inquiries are not viewable by others and not included in your scoring.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are legit. But i've had 4 new accounts opened in the past 3 months. The wifey wants a truck and her credit is poor. So i was just trying to make things more appealing when we are ready to purchase.

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't undo, You apply, you get inquiries. Part of the game.

Message 5 of 15
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They are legit. But i've had 4 new accounts opened in the past 3 months. The wifey wants a truck and her credit is poor. So i was just trying to make things more appealing when we are ready to purchase.

Nothing you can do at this point.  If you want to avoid them then you have to avoid incurring them in the first place.

You can try to dispute them but many run into unintended consequences when doing so and end up worse off in the end.  Without a clear and solid basis for the dispute it is not advisable.

Inquiries are a relatively small factor and taper and fall off quickly.  If you're getting them cited as a denial reason then you have bigger issues with your credit that you should look into addressing.  Inquiries will have a bigger impact on thin and/or poor credit profiles and much less impact on thicker, established profiles in good standing.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only negative marks i have on my report are defaulted student loans about 3 years ago. But they are in good standing now. And a couple inquiries the past couple months. 

Message 7 of 15
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

Contact the party who made the inquiry and request recoding as soft.

Soft inquiries are not viewable by others and not included in your scoring.

+1 I recently asked the same question and this is what I was told. Good luck!

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

i was recently told that if an inquiry results in an account, then the inquiry should come the report. Is that correct?

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long do inquiries actually hurt your score? I have heard the first 6 months and I have read the entire 2 years they stay on. Thank you

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.