cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Credit Monitoring Service Spam Normal?

tag
April325

Is Credit Monitoring Service Spam Normal?

Please tell me if this is normal. I requested my credit score and signed up for monitoring. Ever since the day I signed up, I have been bombarded with spam from so many other places offering to monitor my credit and especially telling me that my credit score has changed and asking me to enroll with them so I can see my score. The day my credit score actually did change, the spam more than doubled informing me that my score had changed. Are all these credit places supposed to be able to access my information like that? It's creeping me out. Also, if they are making inquiries, does that hurt my score? Thanks in advance for all replies.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Is Credit Monitoring Service Spam Normal?

@April325 wrote:
Please tell me if this is normal. I requested my credit score and signed up for monitoring. Ever since the day I signed up, I have been bombarded with spam from so many other places offering to monitor my credit and especially telling me that my credit score has changed and asking me to enroll with them so I can see my score. The day my credit score actually did change, the spam more than doubled informing me that my score had changed. Are all these credit places supposed to be able to access my information like that? It's creeping me out. Also, if they are making inquiries, does that hurt my score? Thanks in advance for all replies.

Where did you sign up ?   It is certainly possible that you'd get spammed, depending on which CMS you are using.

Promotional inquiries from companies won't impact your FICO score -- they are soft inquiries.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.