Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it Safe?

tag
Cory
Established Contributor

Is it Safe?

Happy New Year Everyone!

Is it safe to assume that since I disputed a two collection accounts at Experian, that the other Credit Bureaus (Equifax and Transunion) will delete the accounts from theirs as well?

I know that the Credit Bureaus share files/information. I disputed two collections and it was deleted from Experian. But I'm afraid to dispute it on Transunion and Equifax because they might verify it and enter it on Experian again.

I told myself that whenever I dispute the next time, I'll have all three reports in front of me. Experian is the most convenient way to dispute since you can use the telephone. The rest of them you have to mail letters.

Thanks Wonderful People,

Cory
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Is it Safe?

Cory wrote:

Is it safe to assume that since I disputed a two collection accounts at Experian, that the other Credit Bureaus (Equifax and Transunion) will delete the accounts from theirs as well?

No.

I think it is safe to say that they won't.  Sorry, but I think you need to dispute on each one seperately.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

No dispute with all 3 --better to be safer than sorry b/c that bureau may remove and the others dont unless disputed with the company and they removed said they would remove it from all 3 reports
Message 3 of 6
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

AWLEGZ wrote:
No dispute with all 3 --better to be safer than sorry b/c that bureau may remove and the others dont unless disputed with the company and they removed said they would remove it from all 3 reports

On the plus side, I have disputed a joint account for mysef and had it come off both my CR and DWs.  Not always, but it has happened
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 4 of 6
Cory
Established Contributor

I never DV or contacted the collection agency to ask them to delete it, I just disputed it as not mine by phone with Experian and it fell off.

I have not look at my Equifax and Transunion reports since June of 2007. I reviewed my Experian report in October of 2007. So I don't know what they have reported on Equifax and Transunion right now.

Cory
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You might want to find out what is on the other reports as well.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.