Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is this illegal reaging?

OK  thanks for your help.  

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update-  I think this company did do something illegal.  My new Credit report is stating that the new account is to come off in 2012 not 2010 like the old account.  Then I talked to someone from a mortgage company about getting a mortgage.  The first thing he asked about was about the new account from 2007.  So when he pulled my report it appeared that I have a new collections account.  This is probably hurting my credit score as well as my fist.  (I plan on pulling my FICO at the end of August) I am ready to pound somebody. 

Message Edited by monro411 on 07-30-2007 01:02 PM
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

BUMP
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

The same thing happened to me last month. I DV'd a CA and after that they reported a new CA (it was the same one I DV'd) and now it is not due to come off my report until 2013 even though it is the same 3  or 4 year old collection. Also, I was turned down for credit after this because they said I had a new CA on my report. Also since this looks like a new CA my score dropped a whole lot because of it.

Message Edited by onmyway3161 on 07-30-2007 01:39 PM
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need an answer to this also. A DV was received by the CA on 7/18 so they are not out of time yet. After they received the DV, they started reporting on all 3 CRA. date opened is also changed to more current date.

My SOL is past and it should (going by old info.) fall by Dec 2007.
Message 16 of 20
fused
Moderator Emeritus

monro411 wrote:
Update-  I think this company did do something illegal.  My new Credit report is stating that the new account is to come off in 2012 not 2010 like the old account.  Then I talked to someone from a mortgage company about getting a mortgage.  The first thing he asked about was about the new account from 2007.  So when he pulled my report it appeared that I have a new collections account.  This is probably hurting my credit score as well as my fist.  (I plan on pulling my FICO at the end of August) I am ready to pound somebody. 

I agree with Midnight and BOSWD, it is the DOFD. Two possibilities here, the CA doing something illegal or the CRA reporting the wrong date, neither of which is uncommon. Do you have any old copies of your CRs which shows the collection should fall off in 2010?
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok everyone read TUCAINI tread on re-aging......i understand some of it.
I think all we can do is report the CA to the FTC and Ags office.

Message 18 of 20
fused
Moderator Emeritus

HappyDays wrote:
Ok everyone read TUCAINI tread on re-aging......i understand some of it.
I think all we can do is report the CA to the FTC and Ags office.

I'm not 100% sure this isn't the CRA's mistake. I have an Amex TL reporting on EX as opened in 2006 when it was really opened in 2007. Albeit it's a good TL, the same can happen with bad ones.
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

fused111 wrote:

monro411 wrote:

I agree with Midnight and BOSWD, it is the DOFD. Two possibilities here, the CA doing something illegal or the CRA reporting the wrong date, neither of which is uncommon. Do you have any old copies of your CRs which shows the collection should fall off in 2010?

Yes I do have an old copy of my CR stating that it should fall off in 2010. 
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.