Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this normal??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this normal??

I joined my local credit union yesterday.. Today I get a score watch update telling me that I had a recent inquiry.. I looked it up an it just so happens that the credit union pulled my credit score... I contacted tell and asked them what kind of pull it was,The woman told me it was a hard pull.. I have never heard of this before.. Is this normal?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
brookele
Established Member

Re: Is this normal??

Yes, hard inquiries to join CUs are very common. I'm a member of four of them, of which I believe three performed a HP. 

American Express Blue Cash Everyday | American Express Green | Bank AmeriCard Travel Rewards | Barclaycard Ring | Capital One Rewards | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | Citi Simplicity | Discover IT | Fidelity Investment Rewards AmEx | Freedom First CU Visa | Hudson Valley FCU Visa | Paypal Extras MC | + several store cards

09/05/13

Message 2 of 3
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Re: Is this normal??

Yes I too am a CU member, it was a HP, then two months later got their Visa Card and another HP. But it is okay. They have been very good to me and I take excellent care of them!

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.