cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item suppressed pending credit grantor update:

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Item suppressed pending credit grantor update:

I have 2 SL lines on my TU report with this status:  The following item is suppressed pending credit grantor update  What does this mean?  I disputed these as duplicates about 3 months ago, and they came back confirmed.  Just curious as to why they would still have a status like this.

Sept 15 -- All mid 400s
Jan 16 -- All mid 500s
Current: Knocking on 700s
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Legendary Contributor

Re: Item suppressed pending credit grantor update:

When an item is suppressed on your credit report, it means that the credit reporting agency is withholding certain account information from anyone besides you who requests your credit report. It is similar to recording an inquiry as "soft."

Supressed information is thus excluded from your scoring until the pending dispute flag is removed.

Suppression is standard when you have filed a dispute, and the CRA has referrred a copy of the dispute to the creditor for their investigation and response back to the CRA.

If you have received a Notice of Results of Reinvestigation from the CRA, the suppression should have ceased.

Contact the CRA and advise them to remove the flag.

Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Established Member

TransU has had 2 of my accounts listed as surppressd for months after I sent a dv. How long are they allowed to keep that item on my report but suppressed? The funisher has not responded to any of my dv requests & TransU just keeps it surpressed.
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted

Same with me! What ever happened ?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.