cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just had named removed from authorization on parent's credit card..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just had named removed from authorization on parent's credit card..

I'm a self-supporting adult who has a few of my own credit cards but they are totaling about $8,000 in debt spread over a few cards. However, I had forgotten that I was still authorized on one of my parent's credit cards, from a few years back, when I was a full-time college student. This card has something like $33,000 out of $37,000 used up and I was told by a loan officer that this was definitely hurting my credit. The debt has never been mine, I only used the card for small purchases, emergencies, etc, its basically all my parents' debt. I had my mom remove me from the account today so I am hoping it will automatically disappear from my credit report but I am wondering if I need to be more pro-active in making sure this goes away. Any advice is appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Just had named removed from authorization on parent's credit card..

Welcome to the forums,

Just by removing your name as an AU( Authorized User) will not help your CS.

Have your mom contact the CCC to make sure that  this CC account is deleted from your CR.

After that is done, you should see a raise in your FICO score.Smiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.