Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Karma Update

tag
Chala
Contributor

Karma Update

Not that i should even care about this, however its bothering me. Recently got two collections removed and it does not reflect on Credit Karma. Is there a way to contact Credit Karma to update my profile?

9 REPLIES 9
TattnallTrio
Frequent Contributor

Re: Karma Update

Credit Karma should update every 7 days from Equifax and TransUnion

Message 2 of 10
Chala
Contributor

it's been over a month since my first collection removal, nothing has changed

Message 3 of 10
NimbusIII
Frequent Contributor

Credit karma only reports your score to you and has no influence over what is attached to your credit file.  You would need to contact the company's you paid off.  It is up to them to report to the bureau, which credit karma pulls from. Companies are not required to report to the bureau in any specific time frame.

“The man who says he can, and the man who says he can not… Are both correct.”
Message 4 of 10
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Chala wrote:

It took 6 weeks for PRA to disappear.

Message 5 of 10
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@NimbusIII wrote:

Credit karma only reports your score to you and has no influence over what is attached to your credit file.  You would need to contact the company's you paid off.  It is up to them to report to the bureau, which credit karma pulls from. Companies are not required to report to the bureau in any specific time frame.

They actually don't have to report at all.

Message 6 of 10
NimbusIII
Frequent Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@NimbusIII wrote:

This is true, but given the fact they have, and now the account is is technically reporting an inaccuracy it could be disputed.  Given the fact they have 30 days to respond and would probably just be annoying them at this point I would not suggest taking that course of action.  

“The man who says he can, and the man who says he can not… Are both correct.”
Message 7 of 10
Chala
Contributor

@NimbusIII wrote:

They have been removed from the bureau

Message 8 of 10
Chala
Contributor

@Chala wrote:

It took 6 weeks for PRA to disappear.

That may explain it thanks

Message 9 of 10
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@NimbusIII wrote:

@NimbusIII wrote:

This is true, but given the fact they have, and now the account is is technically reporting an inaccuracy it could be disputed.  Given the fact they have 30 days to respond and would probably just be annoying them at this point I would not suggest taking that course of action.  

I didn't dispute, not because it would be annoying them, but because I don't know how their system works. Knowing my luck, I would dispute and it would come back correct, hitting me for a fresh collection, then a week later disappear. My plan was to have my attorney threaten them for violating the fdcpa and fcra to force them to speed it up, but they got it removed days before I notified him.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.