Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOL here is a new tactic

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL here is a new tactic

I received a letter from ASSET ACCEPTANCE today trying to collect on a 9 yr old debt but I have never seen this trick before.

They sent me what appears to be a credit card application and I could use the credit card to pay off my debt and then once the debt is paid off I can start rebuilding my credit with the card.

Do people actually fall for this B.S because if they could sue they would but the S.O.L in my state is 6 yrs so the bottom feeders are trying a new tactic. I just threw it in the shredder but has anyone else been offered this type of repayment before. 
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: LOL here is a new tactic

Yes DW recieved one but the CL was $50 with the balance close to $600

didnt mention nothing about over the limit fees

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I HATE that company they are a real piece of work
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a cold call a few months back from a company asking me why I was
paying my old cards off and he offered me a credit card that would combine
all my debt into one easy payment but I thought something was fishy so
I told him why pay you interest when I am paying them all off in short order
and I hung up on him..
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm waiting for the "You may have already won ..." approach.

http://tinyurl.com/yoghxw (link to Bud Hibbs, but the goofy way they built their link makes the URL not work)

JDBs have only just begun, but the ugly song they sing ain't gonna be no Carpenters work of art.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received a catalog from RJM aqusitions.

If I paid off an old out of SOL debt, I could pick one of the wonderful products...

Nice Try....
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My brother had really bad credit! Ran up all his cards and never paid them off. One day he got a letter from Cap 1. He a collection from them for 3k or so and they gave him a credit card with with that 3k on it. He started paying the card off and used that card to payoff other collections. Well 3 years later he seems to be doing well with his credit.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holy Cr... I cannot believe these tactics - especially the ones past the SOL - I truly hope everyone finds this website and sees they HAVE rights!
Message 8 of 10
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

kingberry wrote:
I received a letter from ASSET ACCEPTANCE today trying to collect on a 9 yr old debt but I have never seen this trick before.

They sent me what appears to be a credit card application and I could use the credit card to pay off my debt and then once the debt is paid off I can start rebuilding my credit with the card.

Do people actually fall for this B.S because if they could sue they would but the S.O.L in my state is 6 yrs so the bottom feeders are trying a new tactic. I just threw it in the shredder but has anyone else been offered this type of repayment before. 

Botton feeder is too kind a word for Asset Acceptance!  Shred it, and send it back to them  in teensie weensie pieces.  No return address.
Message 9 of 10
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

jaguls66 wrote:
I received a catalog from RJM aqusitions.

If I paid off an old out of SOL debt, I could pick one of the wonderful products...

Nice Try....

I'm jealous.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.