Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late Payment

tag
allegra37
Valued Member

Late Payment

I have a good payment history never late before. I forgot one of my Chase card is late less than 1 day. It never happened before and I also set up the autopay. I called the Card services they returned the late fee. Do they report to credit file this late month or it doesn't effect for the first time ? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Late Payment

@allegra37 wrote:

I have a good payment history never late before. I forgot one of my Chase card is late less than 1 day. It never happened before and I also set up the autopay. I called the Card services they returned the late fee. Do they report to credit file this late month or it doesn't effect for the first time ? 

Where you late only one day past due date? 

Message 2 of 7
Berk
Established Contributor

Has to be 30 days or more. I've missed payments by up to a week before and other than having to pay the late fee, no impact to my credit score.

Message 3 of 7
allegra37
Valued Member

Its 1 day maybe 8 hours after cut off time next day.

Message 4 of 7
Remedios
Credit Mentor

It wont be reported as late payment. 

I'd be really careful to avoid any future payment issues, though. 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Late payment has a charge

Message 6 of 7
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Hi there

Less than 30 days late will not be reported to the credit bureaus; however, Chase keeps its own internal records. So as Remedios said, just make sure your payments are paid by the due date so you won't have another scare.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.