Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late Payments on Consumer Loans Rise

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Late Payments on Consumer Loans Rise

With the rise in consumer loans going late isn't FICO going to have to revamp or change the percentage of people being late in their calculations. That would in affect change at least my credit rating to a higher score and I am sure a few more.

Instead of me being in the 14% delinquency rate is defined as the percentage of borrowers who reach 90 days past due or worse on any credit account over a two year period, with a 661 score.

I should be moving to the 5% delinquency rate, for at least a 700 FICO.

Anyone?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Late Payments on Consumer Loans Rise

While your logic seems to be correct, it's ultimately up to the credit bureau's to make a change like that.  I'm not privy to their ways of determining when their FICO scoring algorithm changes... you might want to post this on the general credit section for those credit experts to take a look at, could be a good topic of conversation.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Late Payments on Consumer Loans Rise

Will do, thanks.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.