Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late Payments

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Late Payments

I am in need of some help.  A few months ago I received a promotion and my pay moved from twice a month to once a month.  So, I started paying my CitiBank installment loan on the last day of the month is stead of the 15th.  So each month CitiBank reports my loan 30 days late even though it is only 15 days late.  Can they do that!?  Is there anyway to correct it before I close on my house?  I was told with the new banking laws they can do it.  I am very pissed about this becasuse I have no lates and this matter has dragged down my credit score.?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comSmiley SurprisedfficeSmiley Surprisedffice" />

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Late Payments

It is my understanding that they can mark you late for even being a day late. 

Sounds to me like your creditor reports between the 15th and 30th, thus when they report you haven't made a payment yet and being reported as late.

You may try calling them and seeing if they'll remove the lates.

I'd suggest getting a month ahead to prevent this. July 15th payment due, pay June 30th, instead of July 30th.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Late Payments

Citibank is saying they will not can not reverse out the 30 day lates....do I have a chance of having all agencies reporting agenceies side with me by disputing the lates by sending them statements confirming payment within the 30 days?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.