Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lenders can't see my score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lenders can't see my score

I'm currently under contract for a pending short sale, and was preapproved for a mortgage loan as of February of 2012. I (stupidly) paid off my auto loan, which was my last open tradeline, so as of now, lenders cannot see my credit score. I went to my credit union and opened a secure credit card, and I'm wondering if it will be enough to make my score reappear once they report it with only one month of history on the account.

I need my score to reappear so I can get my mortgage loan. Any Ideas?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Lenders can't see my score

You did all that you can do. One of the FICO scoring requirements is that you have at least one account open and reporting for the last 6 months. You already have the length of history but I'm not certain if adding another will automatically create a score. Maybe. Definitely keep the CU CC and check your FICO scores once it reports.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

So there isnt a separation of those two requirements? I have to have a current account open at least six months, or have one in my history open at least six months, while having a current one reporting in the last six months?
Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I don't know. Try pulling again once it reports and then you'll know the answer for sure. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.