Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LexisNexis Options for California Residents

tag
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

LexisNexis Options for California Residents

So I was using an online notary service yesterday and as usual, got some very "Weird" verification questions. Some I literally have to guess because they are associated with my father—(Sr. vs. Jr). This has been an issue from when I first started my credit journey so I did some research and found LexisNexis usually houses these verification questions. Not always but usually.

Today I decided to request a copy of my LexisNexis report and found some interesting options before I could proceed. It looks like it's for California Residents only but would be nice to get some DP's from the community. Photo for reference below.

Questions below:

1. If I proceed with "Delete my personal information" checked will this remove my complete file and start me over from scratch? Sounds too good to be true!

2. If I proceed with option #1 then wouldn't "Requesting my information" and "Masking my information" be redundant?

3. If I proceed with option #1 then how screwed will I be when it comes time to verify myself with ex. online notaries, banks, and other verification items?

Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 19.08.35.png

Update: #1 - 04/06/20

Called LexisNexus 1 (888) 497-0011 and spoke to a CSR regarding these options. They transferred me to another CSR as they were not well versed in the 2018 CCPA act.

So, I was told by the new "versed" CSR that only the State of California allows this type of consumer protection. They recommended I first request the reports and see exactly what's on the report. After I have received the report (7-10) business days, I can dispute the inaccurate items or DELETE all my personal information excluding information that is public record.

Honestly, the "versed" CSR stated they have only received a couple of calls from California residents regarding the CCPA as it was just put into place in 2018. They didn't really know what would happen if I deleted my information and then needed to verify with ex: DocuSign. They read from the website as I was reading the same content lol.

So my ginny pig experiments continue:

1. I'm going to keep this post alive for any other myFICO members who move or are located in the state of California who might stumble upon this post.

2. I'm going to await the letters including my PIN and pull the documents LexisNexus has on me.

3. I'm going to use those documents to ask specific questions regarding:

• What "Personal Information" can/cannot be deleted
  • What "Personal Information" can/cannot be masked
  • What "Personal Information"  is protected from being sold

Side Note: As of 2020 you cannot select those questions via on-phone CSR. In order to enact the CCPA you must request the reports online and select those checkboxes.

This sounds too good to be true but by golly, it sounds like as a California resident we can actually remove all our personal information from LexiusNexus. This Sunshine tax for once might be paying off! I have an extra room for (1) myFICO member who might want to have a California address to be covered under CCPA lol.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: LexisNexis Options for California Residents

I had noticed those options myself and was surprised at how progressive the privacy laws were in California. Kudos to the legislators that put it in place. We should have the same type of federal protection.
Message 2 of 7
OmarR
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I had noticed those options myself and was surprised at how progressive the privacy laws were in California. Kudos to the legislators that put it in place. We should have the same type of federal protection.

CA has always led and set the bar high when dealing with privacy laws. That's the one good thing about Hollywood. Actors with lots of money that lobby for that kind of stuff. 

EQ=850   EX=845   TU=843       0/24       UTIL=$1    AZEO

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@OmarR Very true, they’re ahead on a lot of things actually. Good to see you my friend how you been?
Message 4 of 7
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

Cali resident here.

I just requested my report.

I await your guinea pig results!

RE-BUILD 2.0
Venmo Card- Mission Lane-Cap1 Walmart- Amex Optima- Cap1 QS- Cap 1 QS1- NFCU Nrewards Secured- Williams Sonoma- Care Credit- Grain- scores hovering around 644-653
Message 5 of 7
OmarR
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@OmarRVery true, they’re ahead on a lot of things actually. Good to see you my friend how you been?

Just trying to stay safe. One of my co-workers was diagnose positive on Wed. I sit next to him everyday.

EQ=850   EX=845   TU=843       0/24       UTIL=$1    AZEO

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@OmarR OMG, I hope and pray that your negative. My thoughts and prayers are with you. At worst, thank Goodness the vast majority of people recover and improve. If it does come down to that, I sure hope you have a speedy recovery. Hopefully you don’t develop any symptoms. My best my friend.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.