Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LexisNexis has no file for me?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

LexisNexis has no file for me?!

Is that even possible? I ordered my LN file online a week or so ago and I just got a thin envelope in the mail with a single page that says they have tried to match me to any file and were unsuccessful. 

How does that even happen? I mean I thought that was how credit bureaus got told about public records like judgements and BKs, both of which I have had and had reporting on my credit reports. 

Don't get me wrong, I would be thrilled to know I'm not in yet another company's files but it seems incredibly unlikely that I have made it through 17 years or so of credit history without ever showing up on LN. Anyone else told they don't have a file for you? There's a number that says if I have any proof they have a file for me to call them and provide it but I obviously don't have any proof either way. 

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: LexisNexis has no file for me?!

That's super weird.   Did you order a "Full File Disclosure" or a specific file type (there are several individual file types but all are included in the Full File Disclosure).    If you only ordered a specific file, then I guess it's possible there is no relevant info on you to create a file of that type; but if you requested a Full File Disclosure then I find it highly unlikely that no data exists.  I mean, not even previous addresses? Auto insurance history? Traffic violations? lol... 

The first post of this thread lists all the different disclosure types available on LN -- they have to have something on you given the breadth..

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/LexisNexis-Disputes-and-Type-of-Consumer-Info...

As to how you'd "prove" they have data... I have no idea - that's kind of a ridiculous thing for them to even state, IMO --- unless maybe you have a dispute resolution from one of the bureaus that claim they verified something via LexisNexis... ??

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 2 of 20
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

You need to order the "full file disclosure". My will probably come in 3 boxes, lol...
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used their website. It doesn't specify what kind of report. 

https://consumer.risk.lexisnexis.com/request

I will call tomorrow. I didn't sleep well last night so I'm gonna nap for an hour or 6. 

Message 4 of 20
thornback
Senior Contributor

Well - in my experience, customer service was knowledgeable and easy to deal with...  so hopefully you get some solid answers when you call.   Good luck!

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 5 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Quick, run up all your Sync cards and let them 4506 youSmiley Wink.  

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like just a screw up in data matching. Its nearly impossible for someone over 18 to not have a Lexis nexis file. LN buys data from the most random places. On my file there is info about my class ring my parents purchased for me in high school. lol

I had a fire several years ago. I never missed any files since I am 99% digital. Well recently for a certain transaction I needed my birth certificate and I realized it was destroyed in the fire and I would need to replace it. So I Google it. Good news! this is a common problem and the federal government has a website with info on what to about it. I follow a series of links on the fed site that leads to my state's "valuable records" replacement or something like that. I follow a series of links until I get to "click here to request online" (they tell me its faster!). I click through and get taken to Lexis Nexis. FFS!!!. Right there in glorius 20pt font. Lexis Nexis has been hired by the state to provide this service. So LN has a phyical and digital copy of my freaking birh cerificate! You cannot esacpe them. There is no such thing as going off the grid when it comes to LN.

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep that's what I always figured Morpho. Maybe they just don't have my suffix on file which causes problems all the time. Legally I have a II suffix but my credit reports don't have it and it wouldn't surprise me if LN doesn't either. I'm pretty sure that LN has mixed my dad and I up which is why I failed EQ verification a few times in the past and I avoided ordering the report because I knew there would be a lot that needs to be fixed. I'll give them a call some time tomorrow. 

Message 8 of 20
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Quick, run up all your Sync cards and let them 4506 youSmiley Wink.  

Good advice JoeSmiley Happy

Message 9 of 20
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Is that even possible? I ordered my LN file online a week or so ago and I just got a thin envelope in the mail with a single page that says they have tried to match me to any file and were unsuccessful. 

How does that even happen? I mean I thought that was how credit bureaus got told about public records like judgements and BKs, both of which I have had and had reporting on my credit reports. 

Don't get me wrong, I would be thrilled to know I'm not in yet another company's files but it seems incredibly unlikely that I have made it through 17 years or so of credit history without ever showing up on LN. Anyone else told they don't have a file for you? There's a number that says if I have any proof they have a file for me to call them and provide it but I obviously don't have any proof either way. 

You can have mine!

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.