Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY Amex BCP is only reporting for my AU

tag
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

MY Amex BCP is only reporting for my AU

So I applied for the Amex Blue Cash Preferred the first week in April 2020.  It was my first Amex card. As you'd expect I was truly excited and also eager for it to hit my credit profile. So after a month went by it wasn't added. Upon research on here I learned Amex normally doesn't show up until after the 2nd statement. That was cool with me. So after I got my 2nd statement I kept waiting for my new Amex to show up on my credit report. Just days after the closing date I was checking my wife's credit profile, who I added as an authorized user, and saw my Amex card was added. So I kept thinking any day now for me.  So far though it has been over 2 weeks. I am now very surprised. I have several ways I monitor my credit such as MyFico, Credit Karma, Nerd Wallet just to name a few. I know that in time it will show up, just found this a bit strange.  I've added my wife as AU on all my cards. I have never had a card show up for an AU before with such a wide gap with it showing up for me too! 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: MY Amex BCP is only reporting for my AU

This thread here might interest you. There have been some people reporting they are not getting timely updates to their scores/balances to the bureaus with AMEX. I think that and the fact your account is new is making it take longer than expected to show up as a result

Message 2 of 7
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

This thread here might interest you. There have been some people reporting they are not getting timely updates to their scores/balances to the bureaus with AMEX. I think that and the fact your account is new is making it take longer than expected to show up as a result

Thank you! I appreciate the link and info! 

Message 3 of 7
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

In addition, initial AU reporting can often follow a different timeline (and will in fact show the date they were added to the account as the open date).

Message 4 of 7
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@Jordan23ww wrote:

So I applied for the Amex Blue Cash Preferred the first week in April 2020.  It was my first Amex card. As you'd expect I was truly excited and also eager for it to hit my credit profile. So after a month went by it wasn't added. Upon research on here I learned Amex normally doesn't show up until after the 2nd statement. That was cool with me. So after I got my 2nd statement I kept waiting for my new Amex to show up on my credit report. Just days after the closing date I was checking my wife's credit profile, who I added as an authorized user, and saw my Amex card was added. So I kept thinking any day now for me.  So far though it has been over 2 weeks. I am now very surprised. I have several ways I monitor my credit such as MyFico, Credit Karma, Nerd Wallet just to name a few. I know that in time it will show up, just found this a bit strange.  I've added my wife as AU on all my cards. I have never had a card show up for an AU before with such a wide gap with it showing up for me too! 

Woke up this morning to Credit Karma now showing my Amex BCP has been added!😃 I checked MyFICO and it still isn't on there but I'm ok with that.  It's officially on my TransUnion and Equifax profiles.  Still not on Experian yet but it's only a matter of time! 

Message 5 of 7
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

In addition, initial AU reporting can often follow a different timeline (and will in fact show the date they were added to the account as the open date).

Thank you for this info! 

Message 6 of 7
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@Jordan23ww wrote:

@Jordan23ww wrote:

Woke up this morning to Credit Karma now showing my Amex BCP has been added!😃 I checked MyFICO and it still isn't on there but I'm ok with that.  It's officially on my TransUnion and Equifax profiles.  Still not on Experian yet but it's only a matter of time! 

Now MyFico has added my Amex BCP to Equifax and Transunion! 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.