Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making some progress!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Making some progress!

Well I went on a mini application spree yesterday. I applied for the Delta Amex Gold card, the Hooters MC, a Target card and a wamu card. I got the 10-14 day message from AMEX, a 7-10 day message from Target, a denial from wamu and an approval with no limit listed for Hooters. My scores from 7-12 were:

EQ: 623 (Target pulled)
EX: 627 (AMEX pulled)
TU: 596 (Hooters and wamu pulled)

Well today I got a call to call a 1-866 phone number. Turns out it was AMEX and it was to tell me I got approved! I believe I will get at the least the Target guest card as well. I think I might have had a bad Providian account years back that kept me from getting the wamu. But I got my 1st real "prime" card and I am soooo happy!!!

I now have the following:

HSBC Platinum MC: $300
Tribute MC: $300
First Premier MC: $250
AMEX: $ TBA
Hooters MC $ TBA
Target $ (not sure I'm getting it)

Thanks again to all the regulare contributors who have helped me with the tips and tricks to bring up my scores, I wouldn't be on my way back without you!

Message Edited by bamf70 on 07-14-2007 10:47 AM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Making some progress!

Congratulations, you're doing good.

Now calm down with the CCs.....k?Smiley Very Happy
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

trinigal,

Agreed Smiley Very Happy

All these accounts have been opened since 01-17-07. I won't be doing any more applications until I go for my house either later this year or early next year. I anticipate a hit to my score for all the new accounts but at least I have one "prime" card now and my score will only get better long term because of the + TLs these will generate.
Message 3 of 6
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

WTG!
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Tuscani....alot of what I did to increase my scores and get these cards came from your posts!
Message 5 of 6
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

bamf70 wrote:
Thanks Tuscani....alot of what I did to increase my scores and get these cards came from your posts!

Good to hear! I should start taking donations.. think Fair Isaac would care? Smiley Tongue
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.