Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May I vent, because I need to!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

May I vent, because I need to!

I will TRY not to make this boring, because it will be kind of long, but I am just fuming.

Good news and the bad news.

First, the good news. Got up this morning feeling pretty spiffy and thought I would try to do something to improve the ole credit score. I called the place where I have my car loan, which has a 30 day late on it, from back in 2005 and thought I would try my hand at getting it removed. I talked to the lady who first answered and she said, quite dryly, "we don't do that." I told her that I am pretty sure that you can do that, and she decided to let me speak to a supervisor. I spoke to the supervisor, and lo and behold, she removed the 30 day late for me. Cool. I'm really feeling my oats now.

I go to a local clinic here that had a charge off on me THAT I HAD PAID, and I spoke to the financial counselor and explained my situation and guess what? She removed the charge off. Wow...this was going great!

And now the bad news.

I have a dental bill that was charged off, that I paid, and I decided to call the dentists office to see if they could help me out. They said they couldn't, because once it leaves their office there is nothing they can do. However, she was kind enough to give me the number to their credit agency. Now, here is the deal. I am trying to refinance my house before long, and I want to get a good interest rate, so I want to remove all this negative information. And one other thing, I have not dealt with credit agencies in a long time, and I had forgotten how much I hated them.....until today.

The conversation:

Me: Hi, Wendy! I am (state my name) and I have a charge off that you all have and I want to find some way that I can get this removed.

(This lady sounded like she smoked four packs of cigs a day, and had a voice that just reeked of anger)

Snake: We do NOT remove negative information on credit reports, and according to our records, you filed a validation on this a couple of weeks ago, and we sent back records that your debt was accurate and valid.

(Hmmm.....I can alredy tell that this isn't going to go well)

Me: I am pretty sure that you can remove a charge off, if you choose to, because I just had someone else decide to help me out just a bit ago, and I was hoping that you could do the same. If I can raise my credit score, just a bit, it could save me thousands on a new loan. Can't you reconsider and see if there is a way that you can remove it?

Snake: NO....it is against the FCRA to remove negative information on your report IF IT IS VALIDATED, and yours was validated.

Me: I don't want to do anything that is outside of the law, but I really did think that there was something you can do to help me out, because I do know of others that have done this sort of thing and have had negative information removed. Look, this is an old debt, and this is a debt that I paid off, as soon as you all told me that you had it. Isn't there anything that you can do?

Snake: Maybe you have a hard time understanding........

I feel my blood starting to boil here)

Me: Maybe YOU have a hard time understanding.....we aren't just numbers here. We may be numbers to YOU, but this is our lives, and every little thing you do, or don't do, affects us all in a huge way. It was a debt, but I did pay the debt, and maybe I didn't pay it as soon as I could have, but I did pay it, so why can't you, at least, look into the fact that something can be done? I'm not sure what a debt being obsolete is, but maybe my debt is obsolete? Could that be?

Snake: The debt is validated....it's done. I've never heard of anything in the credit collection world of something being obsolete. There is no misinformation on the file. It's done and over with, and it will remain as listed.

I hung up the phone, a beaten man. I know that aren't obligated to do anything, but they could, at LEAST, be a little compassionate about it. It's like they just don't understand how much this affects our lives.

Summary: On my way home from work, I couldn't help but think that there is some poor sap out there that is going to go home and hop in bed with that reptile and have to see and hear her in the morning. He must be the only guy that feels worse than I do right now.

Message Edited by wordslayer on 02-25-2008 04:43 PM Message Edited by wordslayer on 02-25-2008 04:43 PM

Message Edited by wordslayer on 02-25-2008 04:49 PM

Message Edited by wordslayer on 02-25-2008 04:54 PM
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

Re: May I vent, because I need to!

No words to describe the emotion you're feeling? Smiley Wink
Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
Message 2 of 12
demi
Established Contributor

You really should watch your language LOL !!!!

Starting Score: EQ 679, TU 697
Current Score: EQ 680, TU 672
Goal Score: EQ 720, TU 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 12
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

wordslayer, you sound like a very sensitive person like myself...this is why you should never, ever talk to a collector on the phone or in person! You are putting yourself in a vulneral position. Good credit does not come in 1 day, I have been working on mine for 6 months now..Yes it is very frustrating at times but you cannot take it personal. Just start using dv, gw and pfd LETTERS and do some online disputes but please for heavens sake...stay OFF the phone with these people....they do not care about you and they never will...but we do..so stick around with usSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 12
rycoop
New Contributor

wordslayer,

Ummmm.. I think we spoke to the same person. See my CA says GW is illegal post. Teehee..

Don't worry, I'm RED HOT too. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@scramblingin2007 wrote:
wordslayer, you sound like a very sensitive person like myself...this is why you should never, ever talk to a collector on the phone or in person! You are putting yourself in a vulneral position. Good credit does not come in 1 day, I have been working on mine for 6 months now..Yes it is very frustrating at times but you cannot take it personal. Just start using dv, gw and pfd LETTERS and do some online disputes but please for heavens sake...stay OFF the phone with these people....they do not care about you and they never will...but we do..so stick around with usSmiley Happy

YES,,,I am a sensitive guy, and I think that's why this bothers me so much.

How can they just not care? How can they be so insulated from people that they can't even come up with an ounce of empathy? Why shouldn't we be able to talk to them on the phone? That's what normal adult people do when they try to work out problems.

That's what gets me. We should be able to talk things out like civil human beings. Know why you can't talk things out with them? I'll tell you. Because it's physically impossible to sit down, rationalize, and talk to a snake. The only thing the snake cares about doing is striking you and filling you with venim.

And I did do the online disput thing, but it got me nowhere. I guess it will be on my report forever. And I know why it will be on my report forever....it's because a snake doesn't have hands, and I'm guessing that's why she couldn't/wouldn't delete it.

Thanks for caring, though. It helps to know that there are others that have dealt with these inhumane beasts before.

Message Edited by wordslayer on 02-25-2008 06:02 PM
Message 6 of 12
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

That is awful, but at least you made some progress during the day.  Keep trying maybe the snake will bite herself one day and be replaced with a nice cuddly... chimp?  with opposable thumbs so that they can delete it for you  Smiley Wink  Congrats on all the good stuff though.

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmmm.....what do you think about this?

We should do them like they would do us, if we owed them money.

We should call them every day. For example:

Me: Hi, Snake! Just wanted to know when you were going to change the negative on my credit report.

Snake: I told you that I am not changing anything on your report. I told you that yesterday, and I told you that the day before. Would you quit harassing me?

Me: You chose to work here. You chose to take on the responsibility on working with those who have credit issues. I have credit issues, and since you choose to put yourself in this position, and because of that, then you are the person that I need to talk to.

Snake: Just let it go. I can't really change it.

Me: Do you think you will have it changed by next Thursday? Will your boss be in by then, and maybe he can talk to you and help out. Can I get you to commit to me that you will, at least, have tried something by then? I think I've been very patient, and you did take on this obligation.

Snake: Look, please don't call me tomorrow. I won't have anything done by then. I'm doing the best I can here. I have other accounts to deal with, and with you stressing me out, it makes everything harder. It won't do you any good if I lose my job.

Me: I'm writing it down that you have committed to me that you will do something by next Thursday.

Yeah, that's what I'd like to do. I'd like to harass them like they do every other hard working person that is under stress.
Message 8 of 12
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

LOL
I love towards the end "I'm writing down that you've committed to Thursday". 

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe we can work out a payment plan?
EX this month, TU next month and EQ the 3rd month?

wordslayer wrote:
Hmmmm.....what do you think about this?

We should do them like they would do us, if we owed them money.

We should call them every day. For example:

Me: Hi, Snake! Just wanted to know when you were going to change the negative on my credit report.

Snake: I told you that I am not changing anything on your report. I told you that yesterday, and I told you that the day before. Would you quit harassing me?

Me: You chose to work here. You chose to take on the responsibility on working with those who have credit issues. I have credit issues, and since you choose to put yourself in this position, and because of that, then you are the person that I need to talk to.

Snake: Just let it go. I can't really change it.

Me: Do you think you will have it changed by next Thursday? Will your boss be in by then, and maybe he can talk to you and help out. Can I get you to commit to me that you will, at least, have tried something by then? I think I've been very patient, and you did take on this obligation.

Snake: Look, please don't call me tomorrow. I won't have anything done by then. I'm doing the best I can here. I have other accounts to deal with, and with you stressing me out, it makes everything harder. It won't do you any good if I lose my job.

Me: I'm writing it down that you have committed to me that you will do something by next Thursday.

Yeah, that's what I'd like to do. I'd like to harass them like they do every other hard working person that is under stress.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.