Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Bills

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Medical Bills

I have 3 $50.00 co-payments that just appeared on my CR within the last 60 days.  I really had no idea I owed them as I have a healthcare spending account that I use for this purpose.  I am seeing that medical bills are handled differently than other collections.  Can someone post the link to where I can find out how to go about these frivolous bills that I want to make right on my report.  TIA for your help!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Medical Bills

Welcome to the forums!

I would google "the HIPAA letter program" or "the HIPAA letter process". Good luck!!!

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!  Will do!

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had medical bill (Hospital) about $2000 on 2008 that went into collection. But as soon as I found out, I paid them off in the same year. But my record is still showing and I was trying to dispute for couple time but it didn't go away. Will I also be able to dispute with pre-HIPAA letter?

Message 4 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

HIPAA is only for paid collections to the OC.  However, it never hurts to try.  Others have had luck getting a CA removed using that process.

Disputing is not the way to go as it is an accurate TL unless it is not showing paid.

You may have just as much luck with a GW letter.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

All right, thanks! I will try.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.