Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mint Credit Card Matches?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mint Credit Card Matches?

I just started using Mint and am looking at their credit card matches thinking none of them seem likely, far-fetched even. My scores are low and it's matching me to prime cards? Anyone have any personal experience using Mint? The CS score it gave me is pretty accurate, so why do my matches seem really INACCURATE?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Re: Mint Credit Card Matches?

Most if not all of those sites that have card matches etc... Are far less than reliable. 

They get $$ if you app through their link. They really have no idea nor do they care if you'll ultimately be approved.

It will hurt your score, with a HP and you might be out of luck.

If you want a specific card, you can post on the applications board and members can help you figure out if you're likely to get approved or not.

christmas-smiley-052.gif

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still on your credit seeking app/denial spree against advise on your BoA thread?

Like Pika said, these recommendations are advertising, not prequals. And the score it provides is TU Vantage, just like on CK.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not applying anymore, no. I just signed up for a service to help me monitor my credit but paused for a second when they showed matches "based on my credit profile." I know better than to apply for these prime cards, but I was curious as to why these matches seem so far-fetched compared to say, Credit Karma, whose matches seem more suited for my credit profile.

@Anonymous wrote:

Still on your credit seeking app/denial spree against advise on your BoA thread?

Like Pika said, these recommendations are advertising, not prequals. And the score it provides is TU Vantage, just like on CK.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.