Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More progress...FICrackO Addict - Advice Needed

tag
homerunstacy
Regular Contributor

More progress...FICrackO Addict - Advice Needed

I am such a FICO addict now.  I MUST stop pulling my 3 scores weekly. How often do you pull yours? Monthly, Quarterly?  It is so hard to resist though when you work your tush off chasing after people, phone call after phone call, letter after letter.  Since I have been here though I have made good progress. 

I have some other wins in progress:
I have to keep after Comcast/Cred Prot Associates and continue to be persistance with getting another collection deleted for $282. Frontline people at Comcast say I don't owe anything so have the name of a manager that I need to get in touch with.  I'm thinking rather then dealing with the OC maybe I should just DV the CA? Comcast collections doesn't answer there phone in Baltimore County and they don't return calls. 

Also, need to pay off old cap one from 1999 charge off.  I gave them $250 so far towards balance a few weeks ago. The interest on the debt doubled it! It is about $2500 left to go.  I'm thinking I should just settle and be done with this.  I asked for PFD but no dice, no way.  I think I am screwed on the SOL because I already set up a payment play prior to checking the SOL?  Would this reage it? Any thoughts on how to deal with Cap One or the best approach on this one? Offer them

Have a few disputes pending on how AFNI is reporting and on a very old charge off that is past the SOL and the OC has no record of me.  I'm hoping this will boost me up into the high 600's and then by the end of the year it is off shopping for a mortgage I go.. WHOOO HOOO!!!

3/08/08  TU 626,EQ 595, EX 670   <----TODAY  (EX.. "GOOD range")
2/15/08  TU 520,EQ 565, EX 598   <----DATE I FIRST PULLED SCORES 

*Bought 1st Home on 7/11/07 thanks to myFICO Forums*

4/2013 - FICO: 685
Payment History: Great
Amt of Debt: Not Good
Length: Good
Amt of New Credit: Good

Goal for 2013: Pay down debt! Cross fingers housing market turns around so I can move further south!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: More progress...FICrackO Addict - Advice Needed

Last one I have was from September 2007 during the free trial from MyFico... scores are only important when applying for credit.  Okay, there IS the satisfaction of seeing it go UP & UP... but I would rather pay a CC off than pull scores...  If I know my CRs are SOLID (and error free) - then really no need.  BTW, I app'd for credit on Thursday (not knowing scores) - but knowing that I AM a good risk with what is on my CRs and got exactly what was asked for (probably could have gotten more).

I see progress with TC (previously used CreditKepper) - they are FAKOs but those will do unless there is something major going on like a mortgage, another car (even then I don't need to pull a score - have inside connections since DH owns a dealership) or I'm trying for a really big  (5 figures or better) CL on a CC.

I have no desire to add to Fair Issacs bottom line - and the consumer pulls are pure profit for them.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

LadyScarlet,

Is TC the site where I can get unlimited access AND scores to all 3 CRAs?  As of now I'm paying freecreditreport (EX access only) and here (TU only) and paying a sep fee for each.

If I can pull and get my scores (daily for now until I get the discrepancies ironed out) then I will cancel the two and go with TC.  Only NOW I'm reading posts about TC canceling memberships due to excessive access.

Any advice?

SerenityBound...indeed!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

TC is where you can get a new 3 bureau every day... I don't pull every day there really is no reason to. The scores are FAKOS!!!  I like it for monitoring more than anything else and the detail is superb (shows dates that any account updated).
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.