Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Lender Demands Closing Some CC's

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Mortgage Lender Demands Closing Some CC's

Noah_Bodie wrote:
Since your FICOs are over 720, you should be getting the best possible offer from any lender. Is it a broker or a bank? I'd check with a broker. Better chance of finding an optimal rate with fewest points, and won't care that you have 5 CCs rather than 3.

A-paper loan with my bank.  They would give a Jumbo 30yr fixed @ 5.875 with 2 points.  Our escrow fees are waived as my wife is an escrow officer and it's a fringe benefit.  I could not find a local broker with a better deal.  Seems like most of them here in Hawaii are primarily subprime lenders.  I do not want to go with a mainland lender.
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgage Lender Demands Closing Some CC's

I would select which CC account would affect your FICO score least if it was closed and call that CCC. Explain the situation and ask them if they would be able to reopen your same account (with no loss of history) once the mortgage is finalized. If they can't do it, check your other CCCs. From what I've read elsewhere, many CCCs understand these mortgage lender requests and are willing to work with you.
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.